Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Loving my manual transmission Canadian 2011 Fiesta. I changed the oil and filter about 500 km ago, but the light just came on today for some reason. Checked the oil level and condition; they are fine. Anyone had this experience or know why? ~ Stephen

·
Registered
9 Posts
The oil change reminder light came on because your car reached a preset threshold of cumulative factors. That threshold is based on various factors like mileage, usage, temperature, time since last reset, etc.

It doesn't "know" that you just changed the oil, until you reset the calculator. Just reset the reminder after every oil change and you should be OK. If you choose to change your oil before the reminder comes on, that's fine too. The reminder light will be a good failsafe if you forget.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oil change reminder light came on because your car reached a preset threshold of cumulative factors. That threshold is based on various factors like mileage, usage, temperature, time since last reset, etc.

It doesn't "know" that you just changed the oil, until you reset the calculator. Just reset the reminder after every oil change and you should be OK. If you choose to change your oil before the reminder comes on, that's fine too. The reminder light will be a good failsafe if you forget.
Thanks… So that reset is turning the ignition on, and holding the gas pedal and brake down til the warning turns off, or some other method?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your first sentence was "Loving my manual transmission....". First off, props to you for being a member of a dying breed of shift-disturbers!

I was going to berate you for not reading your owner's manual. Then I realized that those idiots at Ford didn't consider the oil change reset procedure important enough to include in the 2011 manual. The procedure that you have googled sounds right for your model year. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts