Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the Fiesta Oil changed at 1500 miles on a road trip. Oil leaking from what the "technician" thinks is the main seal. I have it scheduled for warranty work on Tuesday. I will keep you posted. On a side note, the car now has 2800 miles on it. Avg 38.69 mpg via pump calculations. 5SP Se Hatch.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back from the Service Department.

Well,
The technician who looked at the oil leak, says it was just a drop, cleaned it off and drove the car, and stayed clean, so maybe it is a seal that has been "Burnt in" not sure. Will go another thousand miles or so and check again.
Ford says the Speedometer can be +7% or -3% and no adjustment necessary. Not really pleased about this. I would like me speedometer to well you know. Display the SPEED, but what do I know.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
In many states police officers are allowed to eyeball your speed anyway, so it hardly matters.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Well,
The technician who looked at the oil leak, says it was just a drop, cleaned it off and drove the car, and stayed clean, so maybe it is a seal that has been "Burnt in" not sure. Will go another thousand miles or so and check again.
Ford says the Speedometer can be +7% or -3% and no adjustment necessary. Not really pleased about this. I would like me speedometer to well you know. Display the SPEED, but what do I know.
Speedometers have never been 100% accurate in any car that I'm aware of, Way too many variables invloved.

At 55mph if you were +7 it would only be reading 3.85mph too fast and -3 would be 1.65mph slow.

Not really a huge amount.

·
Banned
528 Posts
I think I am on the slow side...

Speedometers have never been 100% accurate in any car that I'm aware of, Way too many variables invloved.

At 55mph if you were +7 it would only be reading 3.85mph too fast and -3 would be 1.65mph slow.

Not really a huge amount.
I drive like an old person most of the time somewhere around 60ish....(my wife is constantly nagging "at least keep up with the traffic", and I believe this car is a little slow)

There is a motorcycle cop out by DFW airport every morning, same place.....i have been slowly pushing up to 70 thru there (speed limit 60) and he hasn't flinched. I am not going to push it any farther, but I would say my spedo is a bit slow.

·
Registered
124 Posts
For those that are really concerned about being "dead on" at a particular speed, you can pull the needle off (if it is indeed removable like the Focus) then get up to the necessary speed (via GPS and cruise) and stick the needle back on. Not sure if the speedo variance percent mentioned previously applies consistently to all speeds but if it does then this would fix the problem permanently. As Steve mentioned there are other variables to be considered, mainly the overall height of the tires due to size, current pressure, etc...

This issue might also be able to get addressed through an ECU reflash via SCT to compensate for different tire heights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts