Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey factioners, just wanted to post an update to the saga that has been going on for 3/4th's of a year: ford has a TSB and reflash available for those having issues with their intelligent oil life monitoring system through the vehicle health report!

Details:
TSB 150132A REPROGRAM THE IPC AND PCM FP-10849 CC-04
P/N 10849

I'M NOW SHOWING 100%! SO GO GIVE YER DEALER A FRIENDLY CALL AND GET YOURS WORKING! (sticky maybe?)

·
Registered
535 Posts
My oil life monitor PID never reported anything useful. I don't recall exactly, but I think it was either stuck at 0% or 100%, which is why the vehicle never gave any reminders when an oil change is due. Since I'm going in for an update this weekend, I'll report back if the PID returns something different.

FORscan will access the oil life monitor PID. But I don't know how to access it from the instrument cluster. I'm assuming it's suppose to say "change oil now" or something along those lines at a certain mileage point, which then you reset by some magic foot/brake, clutch, count backwards 5 seconds, sing happy birthday, key-on dance after an oil change.

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
Shouldn't this TSB be published in owner.ford.com? I just checked my account and there is nothing. The publication date on this TSB is 8/21. Should have made it on to the site by now.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Shouldn't this TSB be published in owner.ford.com? I just checked my account and there is nothing. The publication date on this TSB is 8/21. Should have made it on to the site by now.
TSB's aren't included in owner.ford.com, as they're supplements to a vehicle's repair manual and does not suggest nor provide additional coverage. Coverage of any repair is determined by eligibility under the provisions of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a Customer Satisfaction Program or a Recall. A dealer must first diagnose a vehicle to determine if the TSB is applicable.

Meagan

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
TSB's aren't included in owner.ford.com, as they're supplements to a vehicle's repair manual and does not suggest nor provide additional coverage. Coverage of any repair is determined by eligibility under the provisions of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a Customer Satisfaction Program or a Recall. A dealer must first diagnose a vehicle to determine if the TSB is applicable.

Meagan
Thanks for clarifying on what to expect in owner.ford. TSB information is critical to ownership so I thought it would be included. The purpose of the site is to provide information on Ford ownership and maintenance. Seems a reasonable expectation for TSB's (some or all?) to be included.

And yep, I do understand the difference between a TSB and a recall :)

thanks Meagan!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Thanks for clarifying on what to expect in owner.ford. TSB information is critical to ownership so I thought it would be included. The purpose of the site is to provide information on Ford ownership and maintenance. Seems a reasonable expectation for TSB's (some or all?) to be included.

And yep, I do understand the difference between a TSB and a recall :)

thanks Meagan!
You're welcome! TSB's are intended for dealer use only, and they are not VIN-specific. It's at dealer's discretion to apply based on symptoms observed on each individual vehicle. Our Owner website currently has only recall and CSP notices since they are VIN-specific.

Meagan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To access the IOLM, you need to have your cell phone connected to the sync radio, have a my ford account at owner.ford.com with your Vin registered on your account. The way to see you oil life percentage, and other important vehicle info such as recalls, is to run a vehicle health report on your cars radio by pressing the phone button, and going through the menu until you reach vehicle health report, enter that submenu and press run report. Your fiesta will then call miscrsoft through your phone, fax over vehicle data, and send you an email or you can login to your Ford account to see you health report. It'll provide some pretty neat info, and tell you if there are software updates for your radio as well!

·
Registered
535 Posts
To access the IOLM, you need to have your cell phone connected to the sync radio, have a my ford account at owner.ford.com with your Vin registered on your account. The way to see you oil life percentage, and other important vehicle info such as recalls, is to run a vehicle health report on your cars radio by pressing the phone button, and going through the menu until you reach vehicle health report, enter that submenu and press run report. Your fiesta will then call miscrsoft through your phone, fax over vehicle data, and send you an email or you can login to your Ford account to see you health report. It'll provide some pretty neat info, and tell you if there are software updates for your radio as well!
That is some fantastic info! I went ahead and applied sync update and sent a health report as you stated:
"Oil Life – 0% Urgent Service Required (This percentage indicates how much life remains in your oil before an oil change is needed.)"

You'd think we are on the brink of apocalypse with a message like that. haha. No need for panic, I do my changes about every 5,000 miles. For the life of me I can't seem to reset the ticker. There's no message or minder on the display, but anyway I hold down brake + accelerator for 30 seconds after key+on and no reset procedure, nothing. I must have watched this video a dozen times to see if there was a hidden meaning behind the procedure... It sure is a soothing video:

·
Registered
295 Posts
cool. definitely going to try this out.

·
Registered
57 Posts
"Oil Life – 0% Urgent Service Required (This percentage indicates how much life remains in your oil before an oil change is needed.)"

You'd think we are on the brink of apocalypse with a message like that. haha.[/video]
Do it with the parking-brake on and:

"Brakes & Suspension Status: Urgent Service Required"

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

·
Super Moderator
1,274 Posts
Do it with the parking-brake on and:

"Brakes & Suspension Status: Urgent Service Required"

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Hahaha... I did the same thing last week and received the same response and was like Whaaat?!? Then I realized it was due to the parking brake being on. Sheesh... they need to x that out of the logic.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is some fantastic info! I went ahead and applied sync update and sent a health report as you stated:

You'd think we are on the brink of apocalypse with a message like that. haha. No need for panic, I do my changes about every 5,000 miles. For the life of me I can't seem to reset the ticker. There's no message or minder on the display, but anyway I hold down brake + accelerator for 30 seconds after key+on and no reset procedure, nothing. I must have watched this video a dozen times to see if there was a hidden meaning behind the procedure... It sure is a soothing video:

Hey dirt bag, this was the exact issue I was having! Go get ur fiesta to the dealer and mention the tsb! It will fix it!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Going to get mine done this morning. Curious to see if this also fixes a couple of long standing dtcs that won't go away.:

===FCDIM DTC U2101:00-0F===
Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible

- DTC Present at Time of Request
- Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC

Module: Front Control/Display Interface Module
===END FCDIM===

===FCDIM DTC U0155:00-08===
Code: U0155 - Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module

- DTC Maturing - Intermittent at Time of Request

===END FCDIM===

****EDIT******

The tsb didn't fix the dtc's but it did change the pcm

from

Strategy : EA6A-14C204-UD

to

Strategy : EA6A-14C204-UG

and the ipc

from

Strategy : C1BT-14C026-AL
Calibration: C1BT-14C088-AL

to

Strategy : C1BT-14C026-AT
Calibration: D2BT-14C088-AT

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've had a few of these, initially thought it was caused by my ODBII data logging, so I cleared everything and drove for a month without anything attached to the bus. Checked the other day (since we are comparing stored codes)

===PCM DTC P2127:00-68===
Code: P2127 - Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch E Circuit Low Input
- Previously Set DTC - Not Present at Time of Request
- Test not complete
Module: Powertrain Control Module
===END PCM DTC P2127:00-68===

===FCDIM DTC U2101:00-0F===
Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible
- DTC Present at Time of Request
===END FCDIM DTC U2101:00-0F===

===FCDIM DTC U0155:00-08===
Code: U0155 - Lost Communication With Instrument Panel Cluster Control Module
===END FCDIM DTC U0155:00-08===

===ABS DTC U0140:00-28===
Code: U0140 - Lost Communication With Body Control Module
Module: Anti-Lock Brake / Traction Control Module
Freeze Frame :
-GLOBTIM: 57195072 sec - Global real time
-OUTTMP: 33 °C - External Temperature From Sensor
-POWER_MODE: Running - Power Mode Status
-ABS: Inactive - ABS
-AYC: Inactive - AYC
-BTCS: Inactive - BTCS -201D
-HDC: Inactive - HDC
-RSC: Inactive - RSC
-BTC: Inactive - BTC
-VAC_BST_ST: Inactive - Active Vacuum Booster State
-BST_REL_SW: Inactive - Booster Release Switch State
-HYD_PMP_ST: Inactive - Hydraulic Pump State
-VPWR_ABS: 12.00 Volt - Module supply voltage
-VSS: 0.0 km/h - Vehicle Speed
===END ABS DTC U0140:00-28===

So I'm thinking the CAN bus is getting collisions/crosstalk/noise or something like that. I haven't debugged the communications to see what the re-transmit rates are. I've been pretty busy lately. The only one that really concerns me is the ABS system. Not sure what the dealer could do since it's not an active fault, and it occurs very seldom (actually only happened 3 times). Every time it was restarting the car after it sits for about 5 minutes, and I didn't wait my usual 5 seconds, or until the instrument lights go away during key-on before starting the engine. I know it's a weird habit, but I like to wait for the fuel pump to prime, and all modules to complete their boot and self diag check sequence before cranking the engine.

In the computer industry if you can't figure it out and CRC's are high, just blame it on solar flares, and cosmic rays causing bit flips. lol.

Hopefully Ford will capture it during the next submit, but this week I've been getting a "unable to send health report at this time" message. I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thanks for posting! With the U2101 and U0155, I always have those even immediately after clearing them. I'm even less concerned about them since I'm not the only one with them. I assumed that the tsb might fix one or both. Certainly sounds reasonable about the abs dtc. Did you ever get your idle issue resolved? Haven't been on in a while.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
...I know it's a weird habit, but I like to wait for the fuel pump to prime, and all modules to complete their boot and self diag check sequence before cranking the engine.
You're not alone - I always do the same thing. ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts