Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 15 Ecoboost for about 4 months now and am averaging about 42-45 MPG per tank of gas. I'm ecstatic about this. My drive to work is about 70 miles round trip and that was taking me about 6 gallons of diesel in my F350. This car is saving me all sorts of money. Anyway, on the way to work the other day I filled up before getting on the highway and realized there was a pretty stiff breeze pushing me to work so I decided to see what would happen if I slowed down to the speed limit. In addition over the course of the drive I drop in elevation about 150 feet, so that probably has something to do with it, but still...

HOLY COW!

(Stupid TPS... can't get the warning to go away.)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my 15 Ecoboost for about 4 months now and am averaging about 42-45 MPG per tank of gas. I'm ecstatic about this. My drive to work is about 70 miles round trip and that was taking me about 6 gallons of diesel in my F350. This car is saving me all sorts of money. Anyway, on the way to work the other day I filled up before getting on the highway and realized there was a pretty stiff breeze pushing me to work so I decided to see what would happen if I slowed down to the speed limit. In addition over the course of the drive I drop in elevation about 150 feet, so that probably has something to do with it, but still...

HOLY COW!

(Stupid TPS... can't get the warning to go away.)
Wow, great! My 2012 with 1.6 and autoshift mostly gets 42mpg. I find it likes mild weather 50to 60 degrees. But have only ever come close to 60 mpg with a strong tailwind.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The stock MPG gauge is a bit optimistic compared to my calibrated scanguage II, usually by 2 - 5 MPG. If the OEM gague says 40, hand calculated and scangauge is around 35-37. Even in your case, that would be well over 50MPG! Better than a hybrid or TDI. Color me envious. :)

Just took a pic. This only shows 1.4 MPG difference, but as the miles pile on the deviation increases a bit.
Dash1.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts