Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up here in Washington I-90 was recently resurfaced and grooved similar to California's freeways except not as straight. This appears to confuse my Fiesta which has problems maintaining a straight line despite (or maybe because of) the active nibble control. My Solstice handles it just fine but it has a much wider track and much larger tires which might explain it. Have any of our California members noticed anything similar? Right now I am blaming the Hankook tires which I plan to ditch soon but it could also be something as simple as alignment.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Kumho Tires

I have the Kumho's and we have lots of grooved concrete freeways here in Dallas and I have not had an issue....

·
Registered
119 Posts
I live in California and I haven't noticed anything strange in particular, however I also have the 15 inch kumho tires on the SE trim

·
Registered
947 Posts
I have the 195/50-16 Hankooks and notice the same thing on the concrete brushed pavement here around San Diego. The car goes in a straight line, but feels as if it's pulling side-to-side while driving. I too, don't know whether to blame the tires or the nibble control, but I know my Yaris with it's stock Goodyears didn't do it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in Michigan, and we too have grooved freeways.
I have the 15" Kumho tires, and you're right, they don't track
very well on this road surface.
But, I also own a 1999 4WD Toyota Tacoma that has 31x10.5
Michelin tires on it.
It doesn't track well on this road surface either!
I think it is more of a problem with the road surface than it is
with the tires or the car!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
it's the road. parts of m-10 were resurfaced with grooves and I feel it pulling the car from side-to-side. it's more noticeable with grippy summer tires. you don't feel as much when the pavement changes to smoother concrete.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the same problem in vegas. Some of our highways are grooved, and it only pulls there. I think it has to do with the tread design. My dad has a set of Falken tires on his Sentra and it does it also. But it didn't do it before with the BFGoodrich tires he had before. I blame it on the tread design. Havn't looked at it much, but thats my guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts