Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I am in the process of trying to buy a new Fiesta, which is surprisingly harder than you would think. I have been using cars.overstock.com as a gauge for pricing. Does anyone have any input as to whether these would be good prices to shoot for or bargain more agressively?
I have had mixed sucess, with one dealer not willing to budge from sticker, to 3 others willing to give me overstock.com pricing even if I special order the car.
Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hes right, its a new car there won't be any budging on price for a while. I wanted to purchase a new Five Hundred when they first came out but went with the Focus because of rebates available, and the manual transmission. The salesman who worked with me said the Focus was a better choice period.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I can tell you from the dealer standpoint that it will be hard. We are selling at full MSRP here for the time being. And to be honest, there is not a lot of markup in the car. Maybe $300-700 at the most depending on model, so don't expect thousands off.
That's what I heard from a few dealers. I used USAA's buying program, wasn't sure if it'd actually get honored. Dealers in USAA program were kinda far, so I printed up the price guaruntee and took it to my local place that's a fairly large Ford dealership and not even two miles away from me. Asked them if they could get me a deal @ what USAA has and was told no problem, but he'd have to run it by whatever and give me a call the next day. Call never happened.

So I call the USAA dealership, which was @150 miles from me and ask if they'd honor the deal as advertised and was told yes. Drove down and put an order in for a white 5-speed SES Hatchback, with leather for $100 under invoice and then $500 military appreciation, maybe better if different incentives pop up before my car arrives.

Shoot for $100 to $300 under invoice. If you're a Costco member, use their car buyer program to see what dealerships will go below invoice.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I am in the process of trying to buy a new Fiesta, which is surprisingly harder than you would think. I have been using cars.overstock.com as a gauge for pricing. Does anyone have any input as to whether these would be good prices to shoot for or bargain more agressively?
I have had mixed sucess, with one dealer not willing to budge from sticker, to 3 others willing to give me overstock.com pricing even if I special order the car.
Any input would be appreciated! Thanks
It was not hard when I bought my Fiesta. I reserved it and got a $595 free Sync upgrade. there are some incentives on 2011 Ford Fiesta | View Current Incentives & Offers | FordVehicles.com
the Fiesta is a new vehicle in demand so don't expect much bargaining.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was looking at the pricing on overstock.com and carsdirect.com and I noticed that both sites have a note next to the Super Fuel Economy option that it is no longer available for factory ordering. carsdirect.com also says "after April 28". However both sites still let me select it. Is this something to worry about since I was going to get it? Or does it just mean that it is now installed by the dealer?

·
Banned
528 Posts
$300 - $700.....bs!

I can tell you from the dealer standpoint that it will be hard. We are selling at full MSRP here for the time being. And to be honest, there is not a lot of markup in the car. Maybe $300-700 at the most depending on model, so don't expect thousands off.
Everyone knows what's on the dealer invoice is NOT what the dealer paid for the car......There are holdbacks, rebates and incentives not to mention all the numbers games that the finance managers play with trades and commissions from financing. Dealers make a ton....

MAYBE if someone walked in off of the street with cash and bought an "S" model with no options, I could see the dealer making only $300 to $700 (My brother has
been a car dealer for years) The dealer wants you to think they are making no money. If dealers only made $300 to $700 per car....salesmen/women in Dallas wouldn't average over $150,000 a year in Salary....

·
Banned
528 Posts
SFE Package

I was looking at the pricing on overstock.com and carsdirect.com and I noticed that both sites have a note next to the Super Fuel Economy option that it is no longer available for factory ordering. carsdirect.com also says "after April 28". However both sites still let me select it. Is this something to worryabout since I was going to get it? Or does it just mean that it is now installed by the dealer?[/QUOTE

I think the reason the "Super Fuel Economy" package goes away is that the manual tranny models are getting such good mileage....I am averaging 38 mpg in town with an average speed of 31 mph. I just went to Arkansas over the weekend and found that driving 65 or 75 doesn't affect fuel economy in a meaureable way. 42mpg 600 miles....

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Car sale profits per car are moot. Dealerships get bonuses from the manufacturer for meeting quotes and performing well. Commission is undoubtedly a factor, but in a I don't think it's impossible to score a deal just because the car is new. Get the dealerships to compete. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. I have ordered one of the Fiesta brochures that supposedly have a $750 incentive coupon attached to them. I also am a student so I am eligible for $500 incentive for that. I dont think they are combinable, but its better to have more options to work with.

I do have 3 dealerships are giving me below '"invoice", so I know the price must be negotiable at least minimally.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have ordered one of the Fiesta brochures that supposedly have a $750 incentive coupon attached to them. I also am a student so I am eligible for $500 incentive for that. I dont think they are combinable, but its better to have more options to work with.

I do have 3 dealerships are giving me below '"invoice", so I know the price must be negotiable at least minimally.
I've got one of those $750 coupons right here. It says:
"*Exclusions apply. See dealer for details. May not combine with other private offers and the Fiesta "No Charge SYNC" reservation program. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Not transferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Must redeem using original offer; no duplicates accepted." etc.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've got one of those $750 coupons right here. It says:
"*Exclusions apply. See dealer for details. May not combine with other private offers and the Fiesta "No Charge SYNC" reservation program. A/Z/D Plan ineligible. Not transferable out of household. Limit one per household. U.S. residents. Must redeem using original offer; no duplicates accepted." etc.
My dealer actually combined the $595 SYNC discount and $750 coupon when I bought my Fiesta. Even they were not supposed to combine it, they went ahead and did it.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
....I am averaging 38 mpg in town with an average speed of 31 mph. I just went to Arkansas over the weekend and found that driving 65 or 75 doesn't affect fuel economy in a meaureable way. 42mpg 600 miles....
I'm glad to hear you are getting mileage similar to what Jazzdog found.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts

All prices are negotiable in a capitalistic market. (;

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer graciously gave me both the $595 deal and the $750. According to the coupon you can only use one or the other not both yet he honored both for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I doubt the dealers here in New York City area would be willing to give me both incentives when it explicitly says that they cannot be combined.
I have been less than pleased with the service I have received from these dealers. If they don't want to budge of price, that's fine. But one dealer made me give the brochure back when we couldnt come to an agreement on price, another had told me to come by for a test drive only to tell me when I got there the only one they had in stock was on the showroom floor so I couldnt test drive it. Yet another had a cursing manager running around the sales people.
If anyone has any recommendations to dealers in NY or NJ please let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone has any recommendations to dealers in NY or NJ please let me know.
Same here i am having a hard time finding a nice dealership im in Queens but would rather deal with a Long Island dealership its nicer out there, so far no luck for either. The dealerships in Queens are so small with no room for dealer inventory parking or eve test drives from what i came across.....

·
Banned
143 Posts
My dealer graciously gave me both the $595 deal and the $750. According to the coupon you can only use one or the other not both yet he honored both for me.
To clear this up, program # 33112 SYNC $595 and program #33142 Customized $750 direct offer can be used together.

If you need help, shoot me the VIN, ZIP code, and program # so I can verify it for you.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
To clear this up, program # 33112 SYNC $595 and program #33142 Customized $750 direct offer can be used together.

If you need help, shoot me the VIN, ZIP code, and program # so I can verify it for you.
That's good news. I just ordered a Fiesta and Mustang brochure last night in hopes that one of them will contain the $750 coupon. Do we even need the coupon?

·
Registered
341 Posts
That's good news. I just ordered a Fiesta and Mustang brochure last night in hopes that one of them will contain the $750 coupon. Do we even need the coupon?
My dealer indicated that you get your name in their database, so the act of ordering might be enough, because I'm on the list but I haven't gotten a brochure yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts