Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Silly question here that I am hoping a Fiesta owner with this feature can answer for me.

I went to see my car this afternoon, which is being held until Tuesday due to a lack of paperwork from Ford... Anyway, I ordered the SE with remote start. My key fob had 3 buttons on it. One that appeared to unlock doors, one that locked doors, and a button that I assume opens the hatch. How would I start my car remotely?

Are there buttons missing from my key thingy? Is there a secret combination in which to press the buttons to start the car from inside my house?

Curious - and hoping someone can shed some light :D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Well from this this page it sounds like the remote start keyfob is seperate and has one button.

Remote start might be a dealer installed option and they just haven't installed it yet.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the speedy answer!!! That makes a whole lot of sense!! :)

Would the remote start be a dealer installed option even if I placed a factory order? If in fact it is, they better snap to it... LOL I have been waiting 10 weeks for this bad boy!!! I want my car on Tuesday...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just looked at my window sticker, and it says:

REMOTE START*DLR-INSTLD-ACCY

I am going to assume that means dealer installed...

I placed a call to my dealer this morning to have him make sure that the remote start is indeed in the car - waiting on a retun call...

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I didn't get remote start because I can get a remote installed for 2/3 the price of either the Ford or deal-installed unit. This independent installation will not void the warranty and in fact the facility is recommended by the local Ford dealers. <shrug> Saves me about $125

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just looked at my window sticker, and it says:

REMOTE START*DLR-INSTLD-ACCY

I am going to assume that means dealer installed...

I placed a call to my dealer this morning to have him make sure that the remote start is indeed in the car - waiting on a retun call...

According to my buddy at a dealership, this description on the Window Sticker "REMOTE START*DLR-INSTLD-ACCY" means the Remote Start is ordered with the car, but the parts are shipped to the dealership separately from the car and then they install the system.

Hopefully you have the Remote Start installed now and it works great!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that clarification Kennyg - I appreciate it!!

My remote start was installed and is working as it should :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
i heard that you cant get remote start on the puch button start cars...is this true? i have the push button start but kinda wanted a remote starter as well

·
Registered
213 Posts
i heard that you cant get remote start on the puch button start cars...is this true? i have the push button start but kinda wanted a remote starter as well
I know that when I was buying, it wasn't possible to select those options together on the Ford website. Apparently early on, before they started shipping, it was possible to select both. I guess when the dealers went to install the remote start, they couldn't. So, there ended up being a few people who ordered and paid for remote start systems that they couldn't have installed. However, just over a week ago, I read on the Ford Fiesta page on Facebook that this guy who had been politely hounding Ford for a solution (he apparently lives in Alaska, and REALLY wanted the remote start!) had finally gotten a call from his dealer to tell him that they had it. So maybe it will be possible after all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
cool. ill have to have a talk with my dealer this weekend and see if i can order one. hopefully the whole process gets done soon since its getting colder faster here in ny :(

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
What's the range on the remote start? I live downtown. My car is about 100 feet away on the other side of my building. Any chance something like that would fly?

Also, for anyone that knows, how does it work with the manual transmission if the clutch has to be held down for the car to start?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Can't get remote start for the manual transmission. What would happen the first time you park it in gear and hit the button?:eek:

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Since you have to put your fut on the break (auto) or clutch (manual) to turn the ignition (push button OR key) I wonder how a remote start would work...

I think the engine block heater with push-button start would be a good substitute? This isn't from personal experience though, so I may be entirely wrong!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think the remote start on the auto just bypasses the brake switch lock out, but does require the car to be in Park and maybe the parking brake must be set too. I know there are also some questions about how pressing the brake (maybe the clutch too) before pressing the push button or turning the key shuts down the engine.

I have a 2012 PowerShift with pushbutton start on order, could not get the pushbutton start with the remote start but Ford parts does now lists a push-button remote start (automatics only) accessory so I requested it as a dealer installed option.

We shall see if it can really be done.....if my car ever arrives.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think the remote start on the auto just bypasses the brake switch lock out, but does require the car to be in Park and maybe the parking brake must be set too.
Parking brake not necessary.
As for range, I'm not really sure. I haven't had many chances to use it yet, except for a few very hot days in July.
I do know it will start from inside of my apartment with the windows closed. I can't see the car, but I can hear it. It chirps once when it gets the signal and again when it starts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts