Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you dealer give you a USB thumb drive that had Fiesta information on it to use in your car and on your computer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I did, BUT I had to bring the existence of said thumbdrive to my dealer, who then couldn't find it (though vaguely remembered hearing about it).

He called me first thing the next day, saying that they had it (along with touchpad).

USB worked, and I was able to use it with my computer to check for the most recent SYNC update.

Fiesta Community, which installs off the USB, would not work however. It keeps saying that I have an invalid VIN.

Podcasts are cheesy but fun to listen to once.

·
Registered
341 Posts
My dealer gave me one too, and I've listened to the Podcasts that were included on it. They're a bit odd, but they did have more detail about the technical abilities of the car than the web sites.

THe only problem I ran into was that the Fiesta Community software hasn't worked so far - the first question it asks you at signup (when you plug the mp3 player into your computer) is to provide the last 8 digits of the VIN and then it tells you that number is invalid. I'm planning on calling Ford Customer Service when I get a free moment.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
my USB MP3 player arrived a few days after my Fiesta was delivered. the Fiesta community also says my VIN is invalid. the dealer might need to do something there before we can get in? I'm waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I did receive mine when taking delivery of the car. I have been able to listen to some of the podcasts but not much.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I asked Ford and was told that the dealer needs to go to 2011 Ford Fiesta and put in the VINs so that we can activate that part of the Mp3. I'm taking mine back to the dealer tomorrow to have that done. Apparently the dealers aren't reading the instruction that come with the thumb drives for the delivered vehicles...;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had my Fiesta just about a month now.
Yesterday my salesman finally gave me my USB flash drive/Mp3 player.
Same as all of you above, when I try to access Fiesta Community on
my computer, it tells me my VIN is invalid!:mad:
If anyone has talked to someone at Ford to find out how to fix this problem,
please let all of us know.

2011 red candy Fiesta hatch 5spd manual

·
Registered
413 Posts
Please read my post above yours.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've checked with the developers of the USB drive app and what NLC-KC said is partly correct.

The dealer does need to enter your VIN into an online database when you pick up your car. But…you should not need to return to the dealer with your USB drive for this to happen.

They are suppose to do it at delivery. And it seems some are either forgetting, or don't know they need to do that.

For those of you that are experiencing problems, please PM me with your full name and the name of your dealership I will try and see if they can be contacted about getting your VIN into the system.

_

·
Registered
244 Posts
I never got one. When I go in for my 1,000 mile oil change, I'll ask about it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You guys are so helpful! I never followed up about it, so I'm very grateful, NLC and FiestaFaction-1! I emailed my dealer, but if he can't figure it out I'll follow up on here.

·
Registered
343 Posts
my wife got one - it's actually a very simple mp3 player... we later saw one (almost exactly the same model - same maker anyway) for $20 at a gas station on the free way.

if you didn't get one, it's not a big deal.

pun!

·
Registered
341 Posts
My dealer responded to my email today and said that he added my VIN to the site NLC posted here, and I should be all set.

It seems like there's no need to go in to see your dealer, if your dealer responds by email. I included my VIN to make it easier for him.

I haven't tried to log in...I'll do that tonight when I get home from work.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have not recieved a flash drive or MP3 yet. I have activated the Sirius and figured out the radio presets, that's it so far.

·
Registered
341 Posts
why are you changing the oil at 1,000 miles?
I was going to change mine at 1,000, too. As the engine parts get used for the first time, some metal filings shave off and it's good to change the oil so that the shavings get swept away. My dealer said it wasn't a bad idea, but that I could wait until 10,000 miles if I wanted to.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Nope! No...Asked for it, didn't get it.....Got F#$%^!

Did you dealer give you a USB thumb drive that had Fiesta information on it to use in your car and on your computer?
Didn't get the USB, or the MP3. Dealer was never informed about the program from Ford. (Which is strange since they are the 3rd largest dealer in the US by volume)

Some folks "in the know" are supposed to be trying to nail it down, and I appreciate it. But basically I am just....(random collection of four letter words here):mad:

They got their $18 thousand and change.......who gives a rats but.!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Didn't get the USB, or the MP3. Dealer was never informed about the program from Ford. (Which is strange since they are the 3rd largest dealer in the US by volume)

Some folks "in the know" are supposed to be trying to nail it down, and I appreciate it. But basically I am just....(random collection of four letter words here):mad:

They got their $18 thousand and change.......who gives a rats but.!
Geez, my very small dealer got the thumb drive for my vehicle. Yes, they didn't really know what to do with it but through various sources I was able to tell them what to do to enable me to not only listen but to view what was on it after they registered me. It's a learning curve for dealer's too. It was probably sent to the owner of the dealership and they don't know what they havel

One of the things you be able to do after your dealer registers your thumb drive is join the FiestaFaction community!:D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts