Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the manual, the moonroof is suppose to retain power for a bit after turning off power to the car. My power windows do this, but the moonroof goes dead immediately, and if I forget to close it I have to power up again.

Are your cars wired this way? I'm going to the dealer in a week or so, and want to be clear if this issue is just with mine, or the entire fleet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
According to the manual, the moonroof is suppose to retain power for a bit after turning off power to the car. My power windows do this, but the moonroof goes dead immediately, and if I forget to close it I have to power up again.

Are your cars wired this way? I'm going to the dealer in a week or so, and want to be clear if this issue is just with mine, or the entire fleet.
My push button start Fiesta does not (along with the windows).

·
Registered
642 Posts
If you have a PB start, there's no need to power up again to close windows. Just hit the start button (without depressing brake and starting car) and this will provide your power to close windows. Hit the button again and every is dead. I believe there is no 'reserve power' time to close windows. Most cars have this feature, including my previous '05 Mustang, where windows and radio are still operable for 6 minutes after ignition is turned off or until a door opens. I could be wrong in all of this and would be interested in knowing what your dealer tells you. I know my car was reprogrammed to open all the doors upon pushing the door handle button (for the keyless option) and there appears to be a variety of options you can program for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have the pushbutton start, and by "powering up" I really meant exactly what you said...just push the start button without the clutch depressed. The windows do stay powered for a while after shutting down, but my moonroof does not. The manual says that both should work after shutting down.

I'll post back here after I see the dealer either next week or the week after.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I do have the pushbutton start, and by "powering up" I really meant exactly what you said...just push the start button without the clutch depressed. The windows do stay powered for a while after shutting down, but my moonroof does not. The manual says that both should work after shutting down.

I'll post back here after I see the dealer either next week or the week after.

Now that you are more specific (new Fords with keys have power to the car at shutoff for about 10 minutes or until a door is open) ..... My moonroof and windows, etc work when I power up my car without cranking it via push start (without holding down the brake).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've noticed (for the automatic anyway), that if you leave the car in any gear but park and use the pushbutton to turn off the car, all of the power functions stay on. If I need to sit and wait for a few minutes, I put the e-brake on, leave it in neutral and hit the button. Works great.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've noticed (for the automatic anyway), that if you leave the car in any gear but park and use the pushbutton to turn off the car, all of the power functions stay on. If I need to sit and wait for a few minutes, I put the e-brake on, leave it in neutral and hit the button. Works great.
If you don't push the brake and use the pushbutton, the car goes into accessories and you can power anything!

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
It is possible that some features ..like delayed accessories power off..may be diabled for the US market....the lawyers are worried that some little brat is going to be left in the car and close the windows on their fingers or the like.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
It is possible that some features ..like delayed accessories power off..may be diabled for the US market....the lawyers are worried that some little brat is going to be left in the car and close the windows on their fingers or the like.
From BOTH editions of the owner's manual:

With accessory delay, the window switches, audio system and moon roof (if equipped) may be used for up to 10 minutes after the ignition switch is turned off or until either front door is opened.
All the latest North American Fords I have driven have this ability. In this case, it could be similar to the power-up feature that needs to be activated by the dealer.

Stevelach: Please keep everyone up to date what you find out from your dealer.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
It would be interesting to know WHY the dealer has to activate them....
Strange...usually stuff like this is very uniformly done and before the cars leave QC such things are checked as well.

Not a big deal but curious nevertheless.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It would be interesting to know WHY the dealer has to activate them....
Strange...usually stuff like this is very uniformly done and before the cars leave QC such things are checked as well.
+1

(well, that was all I wanted to say, but I had to add characters to post "plus one..." :mad: )

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I'm going crazy, but I could have sworn that my windows would retain power after pressing the Start/Stop button to shut down the engine. Today I went to roll a window up after shutting the engine off, and nothing. My windows, stereo, and moonroof all loos power as soon as I press the Stop button.

I still only have about 2k on my odometer, and won't be visiting my dealer until 3k, so probably still a couple weeks away from an answer.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Maybe I'm going crazy, but I could have sworn that my windows would retain power after pressing the Start/Stop button to shut down the engine. Today I went to roll a window up after shutting the engine off, and nothing. My windows, stereo, and moonroof all loos power as soon as I press the Stop button.

I still only have about 2k on my odometer, and won't be visiting my dealer until 3k, so probably still a couple weeks away from an answer.
everything turns off in mine too - i think this is just how the push button start works... either leave the engine running, or take your foot off the brake and press it again.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
The reason it is strange is that since all these functions are done with the aid of a computerized module and since all cars built at the Mexico factory (at least now) are only being sent to the US and CDN it makes sense that the programming for ALL the modules would be exactly the same of two selections (one for non sunroof units and one for units with the sunroof) ...interesting.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just got home from the dealer and I had them look into the accessory delay. Apparently, the Fiesta doesn't have this feature even though the owners manual states otherwise. The dealer gave me a print out of something called "Special Service Messages" and one of them states the following:

"2011 Fiesta Vehicles are not equipped with accessory delay. Owner guide 1st and 2nd printing indicates the window switches, audio system and moon roof (if equipped) may be used for up to 10 minutes after the ignition switch is turned off or until either front door is opened. This feature is not offered and do not attempt repair".

Guess they will fix that in the 3rd printing :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts