·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
49 Posts
“harness bar”
for a street car don't do it. Not only are 99.9% of harnesses not DOT complaint meaning large fines if the police find out. But a cage is not safe with out all the parts of the system.
harness with no roll bar = crushed spine.
Roll cage without a helmet = shattered skull.
Roll cage with a harness = mangled body.
In some places driving with a cage isn’t even legal.

Now a roll bar is a different question. Nothing wrong with that on the street if installed right.
Btw installing the cage almost always meant gutting the interior.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
“harness bar”
for a street car don't do it. Not only are 99.9% of harnesses not DOT complaint meaning large fines if the police find out. But a cage is not safe with out all the parts of the system.
harness with no roll bar = crushed spine.
Roll cage without a helmet = shattered skull.
Roll cage with a harness = mangled body.
In some places driving with a cage isn’t even legal.

Now a roll bar is a different question. Nothing wrong with that on the street if installed right.
Btw installing the cage almost always meant gutting the interior.
So will the roll bar I listed in my post fit my car?

·
Registered
49 Posts
So will the roll bar I listed in my post fit my car?
I don't see if it listed as a sedan or hatch. But your loss your back seat. You may not have to remove it, but no on can safely set back there. Like slam the brakes and wham there head hits the bar.
I'd ask the people selling the kit, I'm sure they would know better about fitment. Not that it really matters. Roll bards are simple to modify and since you likely have to weld it in the car you will have the opportunity to make adjustments anyway

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see if it listed as a sedan or hatch. But your losses your back seat. You may not have to remove it, but no on can safely set back there. Like slam the brakes and wham there head hits the bar.
I'd ask the people selling the kit, I'm sure they would know better about fitment. Not that it really matters. Roll bards are simple to modify and since you lucky have to weld it in the car you will have the opportunity to make adjustments anyway
I don't mind losing the back seats. Also thank you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did some research into cages for a rally sprint/trials safety setup for my Fiesta and saw some questionable safety reviews of the Autopower roll cages. I can't remember which forum I spotted it on but I'd highly recommend doing some research before pulling the trigger. The one I ended up bookmarking for when I go for the full build is the StudioRSR Ford Fiesta Roll Cage. It's 3-4 time more expensive than the Autopower cage but looks like you get much higher quality for the price difference.

Just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts