Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Let's see ...

No real sales presence to get Fiesta in buyers eyes (TV, radio, etc).
Pretty crappy track record on the DCT transmission. Warning signs were there for YEARS and nothing done to change it.

No wonder Fiesta will not be a US sales item ... and most of the world prefers manual tranny as well. Other than one tranny glitch ini 4 cars, I can't really complain about the little beast tho.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Pretty much my summation too.

I mean - I feel like Ford only really introduced the mk7 here in the first place because fuel prices where insane here at the time and they needed SOMETHING to compete. Since then - they've pioneered various sizes of the EcoBoost and both the Focus and Fusion get better gas mileage than the NA 1.6 the Fiesta first came with. We enthusiasts may have loved it - but the whole debacle with the powershift transmission left a REALLY bad taste in the public's mouth.

Am I happy with the news? Not particularly - but I understand the decision from Ford's financial point of view. They now have other cars that match it's efficiency and have better amenities.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I think we're seeing the death of the One Ford policy. It's too bad but the market decides whether a product is viable inside specific regions. Sadly, specific model availability up here in Canuckville, 1/10th the size of the US, is dictated by the US market region. I see tons of Fiestas in Edmonton, which is a relatively large city by our standards, but a puny market compared (Alberta has 3 millionish people, yes that's my province) to even a mid sized city in the States. In closing, "hey USA! Stop buying minivans... I mean CUVs!" Heh...

Sent from my iPhone using a spatula

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
This ruins my plans lol. I was hoping for that 1.5 3 cylinder ST so I could do a swap of my 1.0 in a few years. Just as with the Mk 1 version, I am glad we did get this latest version here. They truly are fun cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
This ruins my plans lol. I was hoping for that 1.5 3 cylinder ST so I could do a swap of my 1.0 in a few years. Just as with the Mk 1 version, I am glad we did get this latest version here. They truly are fun cars.

Don't give up on that! The 1.5 ecoboost will likely be in either the Focus or Fusion or Escape. You may still be able to Hack!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
804 Posts
Thats sad news, I enjoy driving my car & was going to buy another when mine is dead. Surprised because Chevy updated the Cruze Hatchback & have a diesel that Ford would drop out before it got fun. The mpg between the 2 arent much different

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Don't give up on that! The 1.5 ecoboost will likely be in either the Focus or Fusion or Escape. You may still be able to Hack!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
True! Now hoping it will have the IB5/IB6 bellhousing bolt pattern

·
Registered
469 Posts
The Fiesta is dead, sort of.

With SUV/CUV craze in America the Fiesta is gone in place of the Ford Ecosport.

The Ecosport is a mini SUV based on the Fiesta chassis sold in other parts of the world since 2003.

The Ecosport should on lots by early 2018. The Ecosport shares many features of the Fiesta. The Ecosprt sits higher on SUV suspension. The Ecosport offers capabilities of AWD.

Engine choices will be the 1.0Lecoboost for FWD models.
AWD models will get the 2.0NA engine borrowed from the current Focus.

I have a very serious interest in the Ecosport and good possibility I will own one.

The rear hstch doesn't open and swing upward. It opens from the side like car door. It opens like the older C-RV'S and RAV 4 rear opened.

A FWD Titanium with the 1.0L ecoboost seems like a good fit to me. Safety features like blind spot monitoring will be available.

Gone! Is the 6 speed Powershift, replaced by a traditional 6 speed automatic transmission like in the Escape.

·
Registered
39 Posts

My plan exactly. My 2014 has over 60,000 miles and runs very nicely, but that 1.5T appeared to be just about perfect. With luck I'll be able to bring over an engine from England or somewhere the car is appreciated. Whoever sets up that aftermarket will have a nice little business.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Fiesta is dead, sort of.

With SUV/CUV craze in America the Fiesta is gone in place of the Ford Ecosport.
The EcoSport for North America will be built in India. The AWD option will use the base Focus 2L engine. It's not all that Rosey an Outlook for the EcoSport either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Couldn't be because the horrible PowerShift transmissions they offer. yea yea you could get a stick but me like most american consumers would rater get a automatic that has no problems

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Nope. that ain't it at all according to Car & Driver, Motor Trend and others. Sales sucked after the initial couple years, name was still thought of as a general POS like the original US ones were. Powershift issues? Yup but not for a MAJORITY of people nor for a MAJORITY of the cars that were produced.

The PS issues were isolated and I'm betting that there were batches that had them rather than scattershot all through production. I had 4 Fiestas and only one had PS problems. It was fixed as rapidly as was possible and no further problems. A lot of the complaints in the class-action are "Ford said it was normal". So wrong .. the DEALERSHIP said it was normal - usually without really checking it. Dealers are franchises ... go to another one if you dissatisfied. Only a very few people here reported issues that I would class as lemon-law possibles.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
Agree it wasn't about the power shift issues and all about sales. However powershift issues are not at all isolated it is both a hardware and software issue.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I had two rentals with the Powershift, one was borderline a safety issue with how it shifted, or didn't. The second was like someone leaning to drive a manual. All othernauto's I've driven always shifted smoothly.

My Fiesta was responsible for two Honda to purchased. I will argue it would have been better Ford never sold the Fiesta in the U.S.

·
Super Moderator
1,260 Posts
I had two rentals with the Powershift, one was borderline a safety issue with how it shifted, or didn't. The second was like someone leaning to drive a manual. All othernauto's I've driven always shifted smoothly.

My Fiesta was responsible for two Honda to purchased. I will argue it would have been better Ford never sold the Fiesta in the U.S.
Disagree with you on your second point. Aside from the PS tranny issues these are great small cars in many ways. Not perfect as no car is. And life without the ST wouldn't be the same lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts