Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Disagree with you on your second point. Aside from the PS tranny issues these are great small cars in many ways. Not perfect as no car is. And life without the ST wouldn't be the same lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was a terrible little car. It certainly was a fun little car to drive, quiet and fairly smooth too, but way too many things went wrong. I had the manual. It had a leak, as did the output shafts, a strut failed, the speedo, clock and gas gauge also failed. "Engine malfunction, service engine" took over three months to fix. Countless trips. Engine block heater had to be replaced. Steering shaft had an issue, also a ball joint or tired end needed to be replaced. There were about seven other issues too. Gas milage was good, but the my Accord gets only three mpg less and is much faster.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mine was a terrible little car. It certainly was a fun little car to drive, quiet and fairly smooth too, but way too many things went wrong. I had the manual. It had a leak, as did the output shafts, a strut failed, the speedo, clock and gas gauge also failed. "Engine malfunction, service engine" took over three months to fix. Countless trips. Engine block heater had to be replaced. Steering shaft had an issue, also a ball joint or tired end needed to be replaced. There were about seven other issues too. Gas milage was good, but the my Accord gets only three mpg less and is much faster.
That's what you get for choosing the forum name you did. The Corvair was awful too, "unsafe at any speed." You just got the Ford version, the Fiesta, "unreliable at any speed."

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
That's what you get for choosing the forum name you did. The Corvair was awful too, "unsafe at any speed." You just got the Ford version, the Fiesta, "unreliable at any speed."
When the Ford Falcon had a solid rear axle, the Corvair had an independent rear suspension. By modern standards they still handle well. Ralph was wrong. I read the book. Have you? Mine hasn't gone off the road or flipped over. Come on over and we'll go for a drive. 50 years from the the Fiesta will be forgotten. There is a national convention each year for the Corvair.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts