Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at racks for the Fiesta? Since I am rocking the Fiesta as a family rig for 4, I definitely need the additional space for roadtripping. I am looking at a box, bike rails, and the kayak bars. Any recommendations? I have had Yakima in the past but the box failed after 3 years.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
go to fordaccessories.com select Fiesta 2011 and look under Racks and Carriers

·
Registered
508 Posts
go to fordaccessories.com select Fiesta 2011 and look under Racks and Carriers
It would be even better if the website actually worked. Clicking on "add to cart" does nothing. Also there are no prices displayed so you don't know the price until you add to the cart which of course you can't. Oh well at least the part numbers are listed so you can use them to buy elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
It would be even better if the website actually worked. Clicking on "add to cart" does nothing. Also there are no prices displayed so you don't know the price until you add to the cart which of course you can't. Oh well at least the part numbers are listed so you can use them to buy elsewhere.
What browser are you using? Do you have popups blocked?
It works on my Mac with Safari 4.1.1 and Firefox 3.6.8. It works on Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6.0.2 and Firefox 3.5.1. Clicking +add to cart the first time popped open a window to enter a zip code and pick a dealer "buy online" then the prices showed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eRic, thanks for the head's up. I had issues with the site as well on Chrome. I will give it another go on FF. The cargo box they have shown looks too short for my needs and is not as low profile as I would like. I need to fit at least three snowboards. Both Thule and Yakima have the 2011 Fiesta listed on their fit up pages. I am also looking at Inno. They have a bit of a following in the STI community (my other car). Does anyone have experience with their boxes?

·
Registered
283 Posts
For future reference none of the ford sites from ford work right in chrome, even on the dealership side of things, I used to have Chrome on all the computers in the parts department and ended up removing it because its not compatible all the way.

·
Registered
554 Posts
For long loads (e.g. boats) on roof racks, what are the best places to tie down the ends?

Some other cars that I have had had rather obvious tow hooks (for tow trucks to pull your car out of a ditch) that are solid places to tie down long loads on roof racks. I didn't see any obvious ones looking under the bumpers of the Fiesta.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Easy question here from a potential buyer: does the roof stinger antenna fold down to make room for a kayak on a roof rack?

Thanks
Clark
I'm not sure about folding down - but I do know you can unscrew it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
go to yakima web enter car info and they build you a rack sys to fit the Fiesta

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just a quick update, I ended up going with the Thule Aero bars and a Thule Ascent 1600 for a box. After a few more weeks of use, I will post a review. So far so good, fit a snowboard, 3 pairs of snowshoes, a plastic sled, and a wooden sled in it this past weekend. Allows my family of four to take all the stuff we need for winter fun. Here's a shot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Ford rack is absolutely a Thule (it's a 480R, Thule boxes inside the "ford parts" box.) Ended up costing a bit less than buying Thule-branded.

Haven't installed mine yet, since it's been too cold to wash the car, but it's good to know that the Ascent 1600 fits, because that's what we've been looking at.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Fiestavus, are those 15" or 16" wheels?

I do know that 16 X 6.5" are available for a Focus -- and I'm almost certain they would fit the Fiesta.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The Thule rack is very solid... I'm ordering my aero bar setup pretty soon here for a bike rack and a small cargo box for gear if they'll fit alongside each other.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts