Fiesta Faction banner

121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just found and signed up on this forum, as the radio in my '13 fiesta has the radio boogeyman inside. Started about a year ago.....the "loud" pop and radio goes dead until you turn the car off and re-start. Getting much more frequent. About a month ago, the loud crackling in the speakers started, (and yes, even when the car is shut off, sitting in the driveway). Now, as of today, I do not have any audio at ALL. Just the "creepy" static noise.

I have NOTHING but trouble with this car from day 1. It has already had (4) clutch replacements.

I do home health care and this car is my office. Now I do not have a radio, and it looks to be an awful pricey fix, (which I definately cannot afford).

This was my first Ford and will be my last.

If anyone has any info on anything that I can try to get my radio working, I will greatly appreciate it !!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got off the phone with Stacy, the Ford representative. She stated that Ford has never heard of this issues, and that all of us on this forum must be making things up. Basically told me I'm screwed as far as Ford doing ANYTHING about it, except digging into my wallet !!!

Does anyone have a contact at Ford that actually helped them with this issue ???

The worse part is she talked to me like I was crazy. All she wanted to do was terminate the conversation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have joined this thread due to frustrations on this radio issue, i also have a case # with Ford Customer Service. My car has 38K miles and about two weeks ago, AFTER the dealer fixed a wiring harness problem that kept causing the wrench light to come on and ocassionally deallecelarat the car (bad problem I was on the Interstyae when one of these slowdowns occurred in front of a semi..I wonder if Ford would put out a recall if there was an accident and a fatality due to this).. By the way there is a TSB for that problem Getting back to the radio, it will work than die, I now know if I start the car and hear the pop, the sound will not work, but the system thinks it's ok. I called my wife on the Sync system and she could hear me clearly, HOWEER I could not hear her. The dealership sid that puting in a new harnwiring harness with a heavier gague had nothing to do with this and it would cost me approximately $700. I called Ford Customer Service and they gave me a case number CAS12834890, and was told in case there ever is a recall use the case# to get my money back.
You would think that they would work with me to come and get some discount since this is a very, very ,very known issue. My plan for now is to go to a junk yard and find a radio with the same part number ((AE8T-19C107-AK) and hopefully it will work. If not, go to Crutchfield and buy an adapter kit and radio. I have never bought a Ford before (I am in my 60's) but I bought this one new with the hope Ford got there act together, my Dad quit buying Fords in the 60's due to their poor quality, this also may be my last Ford if I get such poor customer service on a radio.

Update: On August 11, I went to Junk Yard, found a radio with the same model # on their radio (AE8T-19C107-AK) put it in my Fiesta and it did not work, The radio was not the issue, thanks a lot Ford Dealership for misdiagnosing the problem and trying to get $670 out of me for telling me it was the radio and it was not.. what kind of diagnostic tools does a Dealership have that would tell me this or was it the techs that do not how to troubleshoot.

Update: on August 12, Frustrated, I decided to take the car to a motorcycle repair shop where I knew the person and felt that he had excellent troubleshooting skills (Royko Cycle), after discussing the issue.. we started with taken the door panel off where the popping sound was going from (rear passenger side). Once off, we disconnected the speaker.. now we had no popping but still no sound. He than traced the speaker wires back to where there is I rubber boot between the passenger side doors and began to wiggle the boot ..WE HAD SOUND>>>. What we found was that the rubber boot on that side for the speaker wires was a little larger that the rubber boot on the driver's side. So when closing the doors the passenger side was pushing down a little.. it appears that over time the speaker wires behind the boot where being pulled and eventually got loose and would go to ground, and due to vibrations of road travel would come back. Getting that secured so that it would not pull on the speaker wires has now eliminated the problem.. thus saving me me $670 that the Ford Dealership and their Techs said I needed.

Update August 18: To conclude I have had no on/off sound problems since August 12. There was a post from someone earlier, that was put on YouTube where he had taken the radio out and pull the wires apart.. this also might have been a ground problem.. have the Ford Engineers investigated this? Have the written a TSB on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum, but I'm at my witts end. I own a 2014 and have close to 70,000 miles of freeway driving. over the last few months I have also had a very similar problem. My car would make a very loud, startling static sound in all my speakers, eventually cutting out the radio, sync, everything! Upon starting it again, it worked fine for a while and went on for about 6 months now. Recently, however, this minor inconvenience is now a big problem, not only does the high pitched static start immediately upon starting my car, but the static contuines for the entire time I'm driving with the radio, sync and car OFF. I can hear this loud static while standing in my home with my car off in my driveway. This static/buzzing is not only irritating, but I can't sync my ride for discounts on ins., my passengers get scared everyone it blasts out an unexpected high pitch static and buzzing sound, which startled them and me. I'm no mechanic, but this has to be something with either electrical, antenna or something else because it seems as if different weather conditions may affect it as well. Needless to say, I keep my radio, media everything off, it doesn't stop it but it slows it down quicker. Im taking it to the Dealer for an oil change and will have them look at it too...any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had experienced a somewhat similar problem with my 2012 Fiesta about a year after I purchased the car. It would often emit loud popping noises, and there was also quite a bit of static. When it was wet outside, it would be much worse. Sometimes, it would even make these noises with the ignition turned off. With time, it got to the point where the speaker on the driver's side was so bad that I disabling it by selecting the balance to be fully to the right (passenger's side). I ended up replacing both of the lower speakers with aftermarket ones from Polk Audio. This cured everything. I now get clear audio and have never had the popping or static come back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been dealing with this for a while. Not sure what to do.. I researched a new ACM and found out it's discontinued. So now debating whether I should try and find a used ACM or go aftermarket and buy a better all in one unit. I'm leaning more towards the aftermarket stereo just because a used ACM could turn around and go bad also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone... Long time reader... First time poster... I have two of these DEMON radios from HELL :mad:... One in my car (2014) and one in my daughter's car (2013)... Both exhibited the same symptoms... Starting with sporadic POPPING, then progressing to a new level of anxiety inducing, pants crapping STATIC!!! Had to pull the fuse in both cars to stop the madness!!! I contacted the official Ford Customer Care Center and was told there are not enough complaints to justify a recall. The rep that I talked with gave me a "case number" and advised me to take my car(s) to my local Ford dealer and pay for a diagnostic exam (both vehicles are OUT of warranty), then report back with the results. He said the next course of action would be based off of the dealer's service department findings. I've read enough posts on this thread to see that going the dealership route is not necessarily the best economical choice. Sooooooo.... what have we learned in the 4 years since this thread was created??? Is there no viable fix??? What's the best aftermarket unit??? Are there any success stories out there??? I think it's BS that Ford is making Fiesta owners jump through hoops on this!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've found a company called metra makes a dash kit and then you just install a aftermarket single din stereo. I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm going. I talked to my local dealer and was told that they want 90 bucks up front to diagnose the issue...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've found a company called metra makes a dash kit and then you just install a aftermarket single din stereo. I'm pretty sure that's the route I'm going. I talked to my local dealer and was told that they want 90 bucks up front to diagnose the issue...
Hmmm... interesting. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It could just be the speakers. Have you tried replacing them? The lower front speakers are notorious for being junk.
No... I have not replaced any of the speakers. It sounds like the damn thing is blasting through EVERY speaker in the car!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had experienced a somewhat similar problem with my 2012 Fiesta about a year after I purchased the car. It would often emit loud popping noises, and there was also quite a bit of static. When it was wet outside, it would be much worse. Sometimes, it would even make these noises with the ignition turned off. With time, it got to the point where the speaker on the driver's side was so bad that I disabling it by selecting the balance to be fully to the right (passenger's side). I ended up replacing both of the lower speakers with aftermarket ones from Polk Audio. This cured everything. I now get clear audio and have never had the popping or static come back.
Can you provide some additional details???... What are the item numbers/specs on your Polk speakers???.... What was the cost???... Did you do the install???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get the pop/crackling sounds on all speakers equally. I'm still looking at different aftermarket radios, trying to find one with Bluetooth and all the bells and whistles. After I settle on one and swap it I'll post some pictures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get the pop/crackling sounds on all speakers equally. I'm still looking at different aftermarket radios, trying to find one with Bluetooth and all the bells and whistles. After I settle on one and swap it I'll post some pictures.
Cool... I may be following your lead on this

·
Registered
162 Posts
Can you provide some additional details???... What are the item numbers/specs on your Polk speakers???.... What was the cost???... Did you do the install???
The speakers that I installed were Polk DB651s speakers. Those have been discontinued. The replacement is the Polk DB652. I ordered mine through Crutchfield. They came with an adapter ring to mount the 6 1/2" speakers in the 6 3/4" mounting holes in the door. The price of a set of speakers is $90. I did the installation myself. I can step you through the process if you need help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I kinda pulled a 180....
So I sat down and planned everything out and came to the realization that paying the 100 bucks for the face plate then however much else for the radio was just a lot more than I wanted to spend. SO, I went on eBay and bought a replacement for 90 and swapped it out.
If anyone is looking to do the same I recommend pulling the ACM out and then replacing it with one that's the exact same part number. Mine ended in AH so I made sure to get the same. I'd also recommend finding one from a donor car that had low mileage. YouTube has about 2 or 3 videos on how to pull the ACM.
I hope this helps, shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the second Ford Forum (the first was a Focus Forum) that I have checked to find out how to fix the popping/stereo cutting out in my Fiesta, and I find it amazing that Ford doesn't have an answer for this yet! Everyone who takes their car to the dealer seems to get the "let me try this" line, when it has to be the same issue as many times as I have seen this problem.
To add to the list of cars mine is a 2013 Ford Fiesta. With 32,000 miles.

Non professional fixes I have seen have included :replace front speakers, replace ACM, replace radio.
How is there not a Ford answer yet?:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the second Ford Forum (the first was a Focus Forum) that I have checked to find out how to fix the popping/stereo cutting out in my Fiesta, and I find it amazing that Ford doesn't have an answer for this yet! Everyone who takes their car to the dealer seems to get the "let me try this" line, when it has to be the same issue as many times as I have seen this problem.
To add to the list of cars mine is a 2013 Ford Fiesta. With 32,000 miles.

Non professional fixes I have seen have included :replace front speakers, replace ACM, replace radio.
How is there not a Ford answer yet?:confused:
Kaiboxer, I hear ya... (read my original post)... After careful consideration, I decided to go the OEM replacement route. If you are having the same problem(s) I was, and don't want modifications, this is a relatively inexpensive, plug/play fix... DO NOT go to your Ford dealer... DO go to: http://stores.ebay.com/discountoemradios/... Like Bfmfordfan posted above, pay close attention to your part number. As a bonus, this Ebay store has excellent communication and FAST shipping!!!
Btw... AudioControlModule is Ford's fancy name for radio :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I feel your pain.

I feel, and share your pain Indiana. My wife's car stereo is a POS, and I've tried the trick to separate the wires to no avail. My next move is going to be to replace the speakers and inspect that wire and see if it's a ground issue there. This could very well be our last Ford after reading how unresponsive Ford has been on the subject.

121 - 140 of 146 Posts