Fiesta Faction banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to get the radio replaced to solve my popping radio noise. Cost was about $400. It's been about 2 years since then and still ok so I don't think the wires or speakers are the problem. More likely an internal issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to get the radio replaced to solve my popping radio noise. Cost was about $400. It's been about 2 years since then and still ok so I don't think the wires or speakers are the problem. More likely an internal issue.
You could have saved about $350 going with a used OEM... But hey... The main thing is you got the problem fixed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone, new to this forum and I have the same ridiculous issue. Seeing as how everyone has already had this diagnosed, I am not going to waste $150 just to be told by Ford that I need a new ACM. I had to pull the fuse as the popping sounds would not stop as I was driving the car even with the radio is off.

Before I spend $200 at crutch field for a new head unit and all of the required dash kit/wiring that it comes with, this should fix the issue correct? I dont want to go the OEM route as I am sure this issue will just happen again in the future, so figured I would nip it in the bud. I was looking at a JVC KD-X255BT head unit. Sound like a good option? I am not trying to go for a great sound system, just want my radio back. Thank!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone, new to this forum and I have the same ridiculous issue. Seeing as how everyone has already had this diagnosed, I am not going to waste $150 just to be told by Ford that I need a new ACM. I had to pull the fuse as the popping sounds would not stop as I was driving the car even with the radio is off.

Before I spend $200 at crutch field for a new head unit and all of the required dash kit/wiring that it comes with, this should fix the issue correct? I dont want to go the OEM route as I am sure this issue will just happen again in the future, so figured I would nip it in the bud. I was looking at a JVC KD-X255BT head unit. Sound like a good option? I am not trying to go for a great sound system, just want my radio back. Thank!!!
Welcome to the FACTION !!! … Like you, I was concerned about OEM dependability... But for me, the low out-of-pocket (from http://stores.ebay.com/discountoemradios/) along with plug/play and NO mods, made the OEM unit worth the risk... How much money you spend and where you spend it is up to you... Good luck !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update. New JVC headunit installed and I have my radio back! So if you run into this, just buy a new aftermarket radio and dash kit so it looks nice. And the new radio has built in bluetooth with handsfree calling so definitely an upgrade!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Fiesta, 109k miles. We just started having these issues in the last 6 months or so. Scared the crap out of me when it popped the first time and again when it hit ear-bleeding static.

Does anyone have recommendations on what models or years of radios work? I don't want to buy someone's dud.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts