Fiesta Faction banner

141 - 148 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had to get the radio replaced to solve my popping radio noise. Cost was about $400. It's been about 2 years since then and still ok so I don't think the wires or speakers are the problem. More likely an internal issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to get the radio replaced to solve my popping radio noise. Cost was about $400. It's been about 2 years since then and still ok so I don't think the wires or speakers are the problem. More likely an internal issue.
You could have saved about $350 going with a used OEM... But hey... The main thing is you got the problem fixed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone, new to this forum and I have the same ridiculous issue. Seeing as how everyone has already had this diagnosed, I am not going to waste $150 just to be told by Ford that I need a new ACM. I had to pull the fuse as the popping sounds would not stop as I was driving the car even with the radio is off.

Before I spend $200 at crutch field for a new head unit and all of the required dash kit/wiring that it comes with, this should fix the issue correct? I dont want to go the OEM route as I am sure this issue will just happen again in the future, so figured I would nip it in the bud. I was looking at a JVC KD-X255BT head unit. Sound like a good option? I am not trying to go for a great sound system, just want my radio back. Thank!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone, new to this forum and I have the same ridiculous issue. Seeing as how everyone has already had this diagnosed, I am not going to waste $150 just to be told by Ford that I need a new ACM. I had to pull the fuse as the popping sounds would not stop as I was driving the car even with the radio is off.

Before I spend $200 at crutch field for a new head unit and all of the required dash kit/wiring that it comes with, this should fix the issue correct? I dont want to go the OEM route as I am sure this issue will just happen again in the future, so figured I would nip it in the bud. I was looking at a JVC KD-X255BT head unit. Sound like a good option? I am not trying to go for a great sound system, just want my radio back. Thank!!!
Welcome to the FACTION !!! … Like you, I was concerned about OEM dependability... But for me, the low out-of-pocket (from http://stores.ebay.com/discountoemradios/) along with plug/play and NO mods, made the OEM unit worth the risk... How much money you spend and where you spend it is up to you... Good luck !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone, just wanted to give an update. New JVC headunit installed and I have my radio back! So if you run into this, just buy a new aftermarket radio and dash kit so it looks nice. And the new radio has built in bluetooth with handsfree calling so definitely an upgrade!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Fiesta, 109k miles. We just started having these issues in the last 6 months or so. Scared the crap out of me when it popped the first time and again when it hit ear-bleeding static.

Does anyone have recommendations on what models or years of radios work? I don't want to buy someone's dud.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. 2014 Ford fiesta. I've had to completely remove fuse or else the noise is unbearable. One thing Ive noticed that I havn't seen anyone else speak on is that when I put the fuse back in(for testing), it sparks. Is it okay if it does that? I just dont want to buy a replacement stereo and come to find out it was an issue with wiring or the fuse box. And just like FionatheFiesta, I too would appreciate any aftermarket recommendations. Thank You!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same issue here, after 5 years of ownership on a 2015 Fiesta. After reading very helpful posts here, I pulled our ACM (the radio/CD player unit in the dash, very easy to get to, just pop off the trim, remove a couple bolts and unplug it as a guy shows here (
).

For about $50 shipped, I bought a used ACM from a 2018 Fiesta, part # D2BT-19C107-AL. I couldn't find a guide to interchangeability anywhere, and I wasn't brave enough to save a few more dollars and test just how interchangeable this module is between other Ford models, but ours had "D2BT-19C107-AF" on (different suffix) but the replacement worked just fine.

Just for kicks, and in case this 2018 one dies later too, I did spent like $6 total shipped from China to buy the replacement amplifier chip and voltage regulator chip for the board that get toasted (one 70886fb or replacement TDA3681J as I read, and one 70009ar). I've done component repair on hi fi audio before and it seems like they cheaped out on these chips -- and moreover, the post-facto decision to just clamp them with some by-now-dried-up thermal paste to the ACM's frame to dissipate the extreme heat is clearly insufficient. Pretty clear from the pages and pages of dead ACM stories that this should be a safety-related recall since the extremely loud audio pop while driving is quite the surprise. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but if this little reply helps even one person out there, I'll feel better.

Attachments

141 - 148 of 148 Posts