Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sounds extremely stupid, but my radio doesn’t like to work when the temperature drops below 4/5°c, the sound doesn’t work at all and it doesn’t let me change stations or frequencies (fm to dab). Ive owned the car since new and i sent it back to Ford 3 times when it was under warranty with the same issue, obviously each time it came back it worked but then the same fault happened again. Like i say through out the warmer parts of the year its fine, just when the temperature is really cold. Has anyone else experienced a similar fault with their factory fitted radio?

·
Registered
16 Posts
This may sounds extremely stupid, but my radio doesn’t like to work when the temperature drops below 4/5°c, the sound doesn’t work at all and it doesn’t let me change stations or frequencies (fm to dab). Ive owned the car since new and i sent it back to Ford 3 times when it was under warranty with the same issue, obviously each time it came back it worked but then the same fault happened again. Like i say through out the warmer parts of the year its fine, just when the temperature is really cold. Has anyone else experienced a similar fault with their factory fitted radio?
how long have you owned the car?When was the first time it happened?

·
Super Moderator
1,287 Posts
I intermittently get crackles when first turning on radio when it’s dipped into the 30’s. No consistency to it and it goes away very quickly

·
Registered
1 Posts
These are classic symptoms of a marginal electrical connection to the radio. Metals contract as it gets colder and this is probably just enough to sever a connection.

Since you have a clear history of this being a chronic issue, I would go back to your Ford dealer and insist that they fix it. Even if it isn't under warranty, they obviously didn't fix it properly the first three times.

If that battle isn't worth it for you, then start playing with the wires under the dash. If necessary, partially disassemble the dash and radio so you can see and reach the connectors at the back. There are YouTube videos galore to show you how to take the dash apart. It's not that hard. You may be able to pinpoint the bad connector/wire if it spontaneously starts to work again.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts