Just an FYI, the calipers are not SVT specific, ony the mount brackets are.Can I get a quote for SVT rear calipers with hardware?
ALL Ford calipers have core charges on them, new or remanufactured. Ford does not actually sell reman calipers for the Focus.OEM calipers are rebuilds ?
I have the PumaSpeed kits and they work great.Have a look at pumaspeed.com.uk they have a lot of fiesta parts including disc brake kits.
So does the Fiesta ST parking brake cable fit properly with the Lapp Racing kit as he sells it? Or do you need the ST calipers as well?For those of you still interested in doing this conversion (I still highly recommend it as Mark and the guys are great!), I have some updated news for you.
We recently got a wrecked Fiesta ST into our salvage yard and I had the chance to really dive into the rear suspension and see how it differs from the standard model.
1) Obviously there is the redesigned rear torsion beam. Entirely different part than the standard Fiesta. Uses same frame mounting points.
2) We know the ST has the rear disc package. The hubs have been redesigned to work with a caliper and have dust shields. The mounting points for the ST rear hubs are specific to the redesigned torsion beam. These cannot be swapped to the standard Fiesta without swapping the torsion beam as well.
3) The rear calipers and brackets for the Fiesta ST are EXACT matches to the ones from the non-SVT Ford Focus.
4) I amend #3. There is one difference in the little eyelet that the parking brake cable goes through. It was much smaller on the Focus'. It looks as though the Fiesta ST parking brake cable has been beefed up a little over previous gens.
5) The ST specific parking brake cable will swap over beautifully to the standard Fiesta. All mounting points used are the same.
6) The Fiesta ST rear discs appear to be a match for the non-SVT Focus rear discs that I am running.
7) The Fiesta ST rear brake lines will swap over just fine to the standard model.
*) The Lapp Racing kit just became entirely complete and finished for me when I installed the Fiesta ST parking brake cable (it is MUCH shorter than the Focus one I had been running with and holds a lot firmer - and doesn't require any zipties to mount, lol), and swapped out my Focus calipers for Fiesta ST calipers so that the parking brake cable would mount properly. The SVT Focus caliper brackets still work perfectly to support the ST calipers.
You will need the ST rear calipers to make use of the parking brake cable because the cable is thicker than the one used in the Focus. But other than that, it works wonderfully with the positioning of the rest of the kit Lapp sells.So does the Fiesta ST parking brake cable fit properly with the Lapp Racing kit as he sells it? Or do you need the ST calipers as well?
The part number I got for a 2014 ST parking brake cable is AP3Z-2853-A. Sound about right?
Can't wait to get my rear kit and do an install video.The Fiesta ST, Focus SVT and Focus advance track (non svt), use the same calipers. The brackets are different and the parking brake cable bracket is different. The answer is they all stop the same and the Fiesta ST will be the most expensive (unless you can find a wrecked ST).