Fiesta Faction banner
261 - 280 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
The cable from any pre-2009 Focus with rear disc brakes. I'm working on making the Fiesta ST brake cable work because the Focus is a little too long. It works fine but the Fiesta ST works better and is Cheap. We are planning to add this to the complete kit shortly.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Awesome! Please let me know when this will be available!
Can confirm it's a great upgrade. I've been running the Lapp rear disc kit for 5 years now.

I've made a few upgrades of my own along the way - started out with SVT Focus rear calipers but eventually swapped those out for Fiesta ST calipers and a Fiesta ST parking brake cable when I was able to salvage the parts. Have Mountune stainless steel brake lines now as well. But the bracket holding it all together is still the original Lapp Racing piece!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
Awesome! Please let me know when this will be available!
Can confirm it's a great upgrade. I've been running the Lapp rear disc kit for 5 years now.

I've made a few upgrades of my own along the way - started out with SVT Focus rear calipers but eventually swapped those out for Fiesta ST calipers and a Fiesta ST parking brake cable when I was able to salvage the parts. Have Mountune stainless steel brake lines now as well. But the bracket holding it all together is still the original Lapp Racing piece!

Can you confirm that bracket is suitable to mount the ST or SVT brakes to the axle fitted with drum brakes? Thanks

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Can you confirm that bracket is suitable to mount the ST or SVT brakes to the axle fitted with drum brakes? Thanks
Yes, that is the design. Here are some of the photos from the initial install on my 2011 hatchback. You re-use your wheel hub/ bearing once you strip the drum brakes away. The, brake cable, caliper and carrier bracket were from an SVT. The rotors were off a Focus ZX3 with the AdvanceTrac option (slightly smaller diameter than the SVT Focus - but the same as the Fiesta ST)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
And then my eventual upgrade to Fiesta ST calipers, rotors, brake cable and Mountune stainless steel lines and pads.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I got the junior kit in to convert rears to disc, but what rotors and calipers do I need to buy? Not getting a response from them. I have a 2016 1.0L. EDIT. Just heard back picked up parts from a 07 focus 2.0L.
Maybe the parts list has been updated a little since I first did mine but initially pulling together the proper caliper/ slide bracket combo was a little tough.

Just a quick breakdown here:

The caliper itself (which houses the piston) is virtually the same exact part (with a difference in the ebrake attachment point) between mk1 Focus models w/advancetrac (rear discs inc. ST sedan models), mk1 SVT models and the current Fiesta ST.

The slide bracket (which the caliper attaches to and which holds your rear pads in place) is the same part for Focus w/advancetrac and the current Fiesta ST. The Focus SVT had a slightly reshaped lower bend on the slide bracket which made it a taller piece.

The adapter bracket that Gold Coast supplies bolts to the bottom of the slide bracket and holds it all in the proper position to allow for the new rear discs.

This Jr. kit, when I installed it, required the use of the Focus SVT specific slide bracket to obtain the proper dimensions to fit the rear rotor.

Pretty much no where sells that slide bracket by itself and NAPA was one of the few places I found that sold remanufactured Focus SVT caliper/slider pairs.

The rotors themselves can be from any Focus w/advancetrac rear discs (including the ST sedan) or the current Fiesta ST (which uses the same rotor dimensions). The Focus SVT rear rotor is a larger diameter.

I ran that setup (Focus caliper, SVT slide bracket and Gold Coast adapter bracket) with a custom ebrake cable for a few years before I found a wrecked Fiesta ST in a salvage yard and swapped out the calipers and ebrake cables for stock Fiesta ST parts. That ebrake setup worked a lot smoother and looked better than my custom job.

If I had to do it again - I'd try and go for the Fiesta ST caliper and ebrake setup right off the bat - the issue is finding that SVT specific slide bracket to get the proper rotor clearance.

261 - 280 of 281 Posts