Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for all you Fiesta owners. My rear two power windows are not working. I also noticed that on the driver's power window controls (located on the driver's door) the front two switches are backlit, but the rear two are not. Is your Fiesta like this? Are the buttons on the rear two doors illuminated also? I also double-checked to ensure that the window lock was not on...

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Question for all you Fiesta owners. My rear two power windows are not working. I also noticed that on the driver's power window controls (located on the driver's door) the front two switches are backlit, but the rear two are not. Is your Fiesta like this? Are the buttons on the rear two doors illuminated also? I also double-checked to ensure that the window lock was not on...
Have you tried the local switches (the switches on the rear doors themselves)? If the windows work there, it's likely the driver's switch is either malfunctioning or a harness may be loose. either way, not normal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I tried the local switches. They did not work either.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Yes, I tried the local switches. They did not work either.
Interesting. It could be several things, I don't have a manual in front of me, but make sure the rear windows aren't on their own fuse. If so, check it. Otherwise, I'd go to a dealer. Some driver's switch panels won't allow the windows to roll down locally if the master switch is bad (my 1986 Sable was like that) but some don't.

·
Registered
375 Posts
From what you are describing it sounds like your window lock switch is stuck in permanent lock mode. When the windows are unlocked all switches should light up, including the ones in the back. When the window lock switch is on, the lights in the rear window switches go off.

Try cycling the window lock switch several times and see if it eventually unlocks the windows.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Refer to your owners manual, see if fuse F31 is blown.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Any of this sound familiar?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Initialization is required to learn both the full UP and full DOWN positions and the profile of the glass as it travels through the glass channel. Once initialized, obstacle detection is enabled. This procedure is only required for the LH front window motor.

NOTE: The master window control switch and the LH front window motor each contain integral electronics which must be initialized whenever:

a new window control switch is installed.

a new window regulator and motor is installed.

a new window glass is installed.

a glass top run removal and installation.

carrying out any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window system.

battery voltage has been removed from the LH front window control switch for more than 3 minutes (for example, battery or window control switch disconnected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

They might just need to be initialized and I'd guess that should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Hi johneppen,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I recommend you contact your selling dealership about this as soon as possible. If you need further assistance, please message me with your VIN, dealer, contact info, and mileage.

Deysha

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Just had a fun trip to the tint shop, my rear windows won't open...

Was there ever a solution for this?

Fuses are fine...
I pushed the lock unlock rear windows button 1000 times...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any of this sound familiar?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: Initialization is required to learn both the full UP and full DOWN positions and the profile of the glass as it travels through the glass channel. Once initialized, obstacle detection is enabled. This procedure is only required for the LH front window motor.

NOTE: The master window control switch and the LH front window motor each contain integral electronics which must be initialized whenever:

a new window control switch is installed.

a new window regulator and motor is installed.

a new window glass is installed.

a glass top run removal and installation.

carrying out any operation in which grease or lubricants are applied to the window system.

battery voltage has been removed from the LH front window control switch for more than 3 minutes (for example, battery or window control switch disconnected

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

They might just need to be initialized and I'd guess that should be covered under warranty.

can you tell us how to initialize them? what is the procedure? thank you in advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have this issue right this second.
If it's a fuse, I'll change it.
It it needs initialization, I'll try it.

We'll need to know how to initialize.
I haven't used the rear windows in over 2 years but I want to see if I can fix it once & for all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts