Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out something interesting today on the way home when it was pouring down rain. I had the front wipers on full speed and the rear glass had some water getting on it so I turned on the rear wiper thinking it would operate in the interval like all ways. I didn't pay any attention at first but then I happen to look in the mirror and it was wiping without stopping. It then slowed down raining so I turned the front wipers down one step and then the rear wiper stopped wiping continuosly and went into a 6 second interval wipe. It then slowed down raining again and I went to interval wipe on the front wipers and the rear wiper then went into a 10 second cycle. I then adjusted the interval speed on the front wipers to the longest cycle time but the rear wiper stayed on the 10 second cycle.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or read it in the owners manual but I thought it was pretty cool feature and thought I would share it with everyone.

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's the little things like this that make me smile. Knowing that the engineers actually put some thought into the interval of the rear wiper based on the setting of the front.

I WANT MY FIESTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
also when you only have the front wiper on and put the Fiesta into Reverse, the rear wiper wipes.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats pretty cool too I will have to try that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
also when you only have the front wiper on and put the Fiesta into Reverse, the rear wiper wipes.
I noticed that today. I thought something was wrong because I knew I didn't have the rear wiper on. Nice feature. My 07 focus didn't do that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That was driving me nuts today because I thought something was wrong with my car. Now it all makes sense but I wish the owners manual at least mentioned it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Little things do matter. Our 05 Odyssey does the rear wiper on in reverse thing but it's nearly double the cost new too. Ford outfitted the Fiesta VERY well for an econobox. Obviously I'm biased since I own one but I believe the Fiesta to offer exceptional value.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts