Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a phone message; actually 3 of them. 2 on my house phone and one on my mobile (how they got my mobile number I have no idea since I don't give that out but to people I know personally), but they both said to call the Ford dealer. I believe the message was from an avvime.com or abbieme.com? Was hard to tell with the robot voice.

The funny thing is that the number that came up on my phone and the number they told me to call is the number of a local pizza shop in town, not sure what the deal is there.

On the third call, it said there were pieces missing from my spare tire assembly.

Anyone have any idea what's going on or get a call like this? I'll have to give them a call tomorrow or Monday.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Usually for any sort of formal recall, it'd be in writing.

To hear an automated voice might be that of your dealer, or maybe something else (possibly fraudulent).

You can always call your local dealer to see what is up.
Yah, that's the plan. Just odd because I only bought the car 24 hours ago that I'd be getting fraud calls already, but I'm suspicious over the phone number spoof. What's stranger is that my town is one of 1000 people, so things like this are less likely to go on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Usually for any sort of formal recall, it'd be in writing.

To hear an automated voice might be that of your dealer, or maybe something else (possibly fraudulent).

You can always call your local dealer to see what is up.
Scam, spam, or phishing --
It does not sound legit to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little odd that they would have our mobile number and, seeing that both our names are on the paperwork, address both of us. That concerns me a little bit that my mobile number may be getting circulated... bleh :(

·
Registered
264 Posts
Ford would have to notify you in writing of any recall on their vehicles. That is a requirement by law. They would never contact you by telephone.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Just checked Fords Dealer website and there is no recalls listed for the Fiesta as of today. I would just call the dealer like someone said earlier.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Ford would have to notify you in writing of any recall on their vehicles. That is a requirement by law. They would never contact you by telephone.
Bingo....

This sounds like scam scenario to me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I would be willing to bet dollars to donughts that it is a new scam. We got something like that, but it was saying our warranty was expiring......Our car had 96 miles on it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would be willing to bet dollars to donughts that it is a new scam. We got something like that, but it was saying our warranty was expiring......Our car had 96 miles on it.
I have gotten one of those calls in the past even when I didn't have a car, had never owned a car, and didn't plan on owning one in the near future (at the time) :confused:

·
Banned
528 Posts
Scams....Sales calls

I have gotten one of those calls in the past even when I didn't have a car, had never owned a car, and didn't plan on owning one in the near future (at the time) :confused:
Unless you opted out, there was probably a section in your finance contract allowing the finance company to "share" (sell) your information to "partners who might have products you are interested in"

That is probably what the deal is, the Finance Company probably has sold your info to a list company that is under the category "automotive".

I will admit that was a bit quick, but in this modern day of computers, the minute your contract is in their system, it could dump your info if you didn't opt out and ended up in some company's dialer system.

Just a thought....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, it turned out to be false. I'm thinking someone played a trick on me because I never gave Ford or any other business my mobile number. I still can't make out the name of the website on the message, but I'm going to guess it's one of those sites that can call you with a custom automated message. I still have no idea who did it though. Oh well, at least there is nothing wrong with the car. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts