Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever done this yet? I'm trying to figure out if there is a fastener hidden under the small window in front of the mirrors. Otherwise, it looks like it's a pretty straight forward removal.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this help?
Maybe. There are two flanges with holes in them shown on the fender where it tucks under the window but no fasteners shown as going through them. So there may be just some sort of alignment pin the fender hangs on. I guess I'll find out. Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
How does that trim attach? The trim might have snap fasteners that go through the fender into the frame providing double duty.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does that trim attach? The trim might have snap fasteners that go through the fender into the frame providing double duty.
Yeah, I don't think that window does have any visible fasteners (I'd have to look again to make sure) so I do think it is snapped in, like you say. I'm hoping I won't have to remove it because chances are good the fasteners will break.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have the bumper off on my daughters fiesta right now. I think if you remove the headlights, all will become clear. Some of the bolts are very hard to get to and are a mixture of torx, metric, inch and those plastic rivet things.

If you tug on something and it doesn't move at one location, you can bet there is something there

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the bumper off on my daughters fiesta right now. I think if you remove the headlights, all will become clear. Some of the bolts are very hard to get to and are a mixture of torx, metric, inch and those plastic rivet things.

If you tug on something and it doesn't move at one location, you can bet there is something there
And unfortunately it's getting pretty cold right now and those little plastic fasteners like to break in the cold.

·
Registered
252 Posts

You sure about the "inch" thing? As far as I know Ford hasn't used any standard non-metric hardware on anything in over 20 years.

-Steve

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The question that had to be asked.
The reason for removing the fender.
Hit & Run. Estimate for the repairs was $1480 and my deductible is $1250. I ordered a new fender off ebay for $76 instead. It's primered black and I'll give it a second coat of flat black and call it a day. I guess it will match my black racing stripes. ;)

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Wow ! I had the same thing happen to my left fender. No other damage. $ 476.38 total.
They painted the new fender , then called me. Installed while I waited.
This was my Ford dealer. Maybe I got a customer discount.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I thought the estimate was kind of steep too. This was the same shop that repaired the damage that happened to my car in transit from Ford. There was only damage to both front doors but they painted the front fenders and 3/4 of the rear doors to blend it in. They're kind of a high end custom shop and it shows in their workmanship and their estimates. ;)

Honestly though, I wouldn't have spent $476 either since the car is four years old and I'm frugal as hell with my money. But the fender was punched in bad enough right by the bumper and pulling it out of shape. That bugged me enough to spend the $76 plus another $10 or so for paint.

Sorry to hear that you were a victim of a hit and run too. There are a lot of a$$hole drivers out there.

BTW, the fender is off and there was a hidden fastener under that small triangular window. There's a way to get to it and loosen it enough to slip the fender out but it was a royal pain trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You sure about the "inch" thing? As far as I know Ford hasn't used any standard non-metric hardware on anything in over 20 years.

-Steve
I have a small Inch/metric socket set and I'm fairly certain the inch sizes fitted the nuts better than the metric wrenches. Which is probably because the sizes were 8mm (3/16") and I find the 1/2" size fits 13mm hexes better. There was a super small screw under the front bumper that I'm fairly certain I used a 1/8" or something like that on.

Anyway, I did get the bumper all put back together and wrote it up here. I may start another thread on it if people think it is interesting enough.
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/Ric...ta Bumper Bash fix/Slide1.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

-Steve
My '85 Ford Tempo was all metric. At least I never found an inch nut or bolt on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I thought the estimate was kind of steep too. This was the same shop that repaired the damage that happened to my car in transit from Ford. There was only damage to both front doors but they painted the front fenders and 3/4 of the rear doors to blend it in. They're kind of a high end custom shop and it shows in their workmanship and their estimates. ;)

Honestly though, I wouldn't have spent $476 either since the car is four years old and I'm frugal as hell with my money. But the fender was punched in bad enough right by the bumper and pulling it out of shape. That bugged me enough to spend the $76 plus another $10 or so for paint.

Sorry to hear that you were a victim of a hit and run too. There are a lot of a$$hole drivers out there.

BTW, the fender is off and there was a hidden fastener under that small triangular window. There's a way to get to it and loosen it enough to slip the fender out but it was a royal pain trying to figure it out.
I got a wrecked one of these and I need the tip for removing the front fender f if you would be so kind as close to share it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
First picture is the bolt, second is where the fender hangs on that bolt, it's the cutout on the top with the black around it. I was able to loosen it with a stubby 10mm wrench, had to keep flipping it to get a full turn on the bolt, but I just needed a few to loosen it enough to slide the fender out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for sharing this pic online. The open on the square hole under the quarter window did the trick. I also got a stubby wrench in there and turned it a few times and magically I slid it towards the front of the vehicle and it came right off no problem. Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This pic shows where the fender goes into the bolt behind the glass if loosened and slide out towards the front of the vehicle this picture shows the markings of the open slot allowed to slide out once loosened.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts