Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(original post disappeared? It's been that kind of week)

2011 manual Fiesta with 103660 miles. Original owner

Received the below quote from the dealer, decided to search the webs for a cheaper option. Found the video below, bought the part and gave it a shot.

I thought I properly drained the battery to clear the engine malfunction error code. I have not. I can't seem to clear the computer to initiate the relearn procedure.

Question(s);

Do I just turn the car back on (with the error code and sporadically idling) and let her run so she sees the new throttle body and sees that it's not faulty to correct itself?

Am I clearing it the right way? I disconnect the negative battery cable and jumper it to the still connected positive through alligator clamps

What step(s) am I missing??

·
Registered
654 Posts
As far as I can tell, you're following the right steps. Disconnect negative cable on the battery, ground against the positive, swap the TB, reconnect the negative terminal. I only briefly scanned through the video, did they mention a particular period of time that you should have the cables touching? Is there some magical reset that a dealer or indy shop needs to do? I'd think it would relearn the running parameters with a properly operating TB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts