Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this universal roof rack from Castle Craft (an on-line sailboat/canoe dealership) and I'm 100% satisfied. It was $280 with free shipping. It's got the ability to extend the arms out for hauling larger items and this also assists loading when doing it alone. In addition to my sailboat, I've hauled lumber and 4x8 sheetrock and fiber-rock. It takes less than five minutes to install or remove. I've logged over 1,000 miles hauling my boat, at constant speeds of up to 80 mph with zero issues. I did not want a permanent rack installed because 90% of the time I'm not hauling anything. I can highly recommend this rack for Fiesta owners.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks good! I like how the sides can extend out and the price is right! I'll give them a call in the spring to see if how I can get one of these up to Canada.

Plus, seeing a sailboat on top of the Fiesta sold me. Our family sails Lasers and Albacores. :)

Thanks for the review!

·
Registered
127 Posts
i actually have my roof rack for sale. It's made by rhino rack and yes it is in black. interested?

sorry for threadjacking.
I am but.. 200$ for a new intake and $200 to get a little lower are my next items to purchase. I also want a front splitter ( hmmm another 200?) and the euro rear spoiler which I think costs around ( yep)200. So I am roughly 800 away form the roof rack. It is almost tax time....:p

·
Registered
184 Posts
actually ill have my injen intake for sale shortly too! =)

is the euro spoiler like the 3d carbon spoiler? if so I have a brand new one for sale too =)

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you guys think Lynyrd Skynyrd was better than Bad Company?
What's a good recipe for scrambled eggs?
How much is a wheel of brie going for in Malta these days?
Is the 'E' key still stuck on my alto saxophone?
How many wombats are killed by SUVs each day?
Would you rather live in Cleveland or on Pluto?

·
Registered
127 Posts
HAHAHA your killing me.:p
lets see... no. i use milk, 3pounds, most likely ,at least 4, pluto cause I am too close to Cleveland now.
but I understand what you are saying and I too apoligize to all will PM the next time this happens.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Love my DrawTite hitch for my bicycle rack,platform for my travel trunk and extreme emergency pull point for slip off the road deals. Have no need to haul large objects on my roof.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Good lord guys. Buy from Thule or Yakima and ONLY those two manufacturers. I've been working in the sporting goods industry for over 8 years and if there is one thing I've learned is that all those cheap manufacturers don't car about you or your stuff. Good luck getting any parts, upgrades, or any type of customer service.

Buy once, buy the good (Thule or Yakima), and be done with it.

I went with Yakima because it is the most widely spread manufacturer in the states. If the worst happens and I break something on my rack, I know I can get parts from a local bike shop or kayak dealership.

Heed my warning gentlemen, and lets all have a great spring, summer, and fall of boating and biking.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Forgot one more thing, but to me it's probably the most important. LOCKS

I have ridiculously expensive bikes (don't judge me) and I wanted to make sure that no one could steal my stuff whenever I needed to step away from my car for awhile.

My bike is locked to the bike mount. My bike mount is locked to the roof rack. The roof rack is locked to the car. NOTHING IS GOING ANYWHERE. Yakima uses a key system that you can purchase for all lock cores that are apart of your system.

The other cool thing about the roof rack system is that the Q clips (the parts that attach to the car via the door jam) are the only things you have to replace to put the system on your next car.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
But have any of you met Yakima?
He was at my high school graduation.
His wife was my senior English teacher.

Dave
I don't think this has anything to do with roof racks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts