Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard would it be? Seem like swapping the rear bumper and spoiler would be easy, but the front bumper maybe not so much because of the intercooler.

Oh yeah, and the side skirts. If you take those off, are there visible mounting holes?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
getting the intercooler and radiator cooling right with the non-ST bumper would be an issue. You would need to change the exhaust tips since they won't work with the non-ST rear bumper.

The question is why would you want to do this? Even if you could get the outside to look like a non-ST, the interior is still specific to the ST. Steering wheel, seats, trim, pedals, shift knob, and gauges are all unique to the ST. Seems like this would be a very expensive way to make a really nice looking car look like a regular car. If you want to build a sleeper, this seems like a strange way to do it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How hard would it be? Seem like swapping the rear bumper and spoiler would be easy, but the front bumper maybe not so much because of the intercooler.

Oh yeah, and the side skirts. If you take those off, are there visible mounting holes?
To answer your question, to the best of my knowledge, all of the front and back bumper parts mount at the same screw points and are swappable. Body kit parts just go over rear bumper. I believe.

And skirts would likely be 3M'd, with mounting holes possibly at each end?

Also I am running an ST muffler and I have clearance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
To answer your question, to the best of my knowledge, all of the front and back bumper parts mount at the same screw points and are swappable. Body kit parts just go over rear bumper. I believe.

And skirts would likely be 3M'd, with mounting holes possibly at each end?

Also I am running an ST muffler and I have clearance

thanks for sharing the ST exhaust on non-ST bumper. We are putting my ST exhaust on my brother's 1.0L in the spring and were going to trim the rear bumper. I think we will still do some trimming to keep the tips from melting the plastic, just not nearly as much as planned.

·
Super Moderator
1,319 Posts
I had to trim the rear bumper for the ST exhaust to fit. I trimmed about 1.75 inches to make it look factory and give it a nice tuck. The only way to not trim is to cut the muffler and reposition by lengthening the hangers and a bend in the exhaust tubing to keep the muffler level. This keeps it from melting the bumper. Should mention that I am running the full ST exhaust and not just the muffler on my 1.6. The ST exhaust does not bolt up to the 1.0.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ah ok.

Yeah the fella who I had install my muffler (ST muffler on 1.6na) said he had to make a bit of a hanger adjustment but that was it, it sits close but heat has never been an issue. I'll grab some better pics of my setup later. No valance cuts though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ah ok.

Yeah the fella who I had install my muffler (ST muffler on 1.6na) said he had to make a bit of a hanger adjustment but that was it, it sits close but heat has never been an issue. I'll grab some better pics of my setup later. No valance cuts though.

Just a heads up that I would also love to see more pictures of the ST exhaust on your NA! :)

I'm interested in picking up an exhaust system for the ST to put on my regular fiesta but I'm still a little bit worried about the fit and finish of it all.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just a heads up that I would also love to see more pictures of the ST exhaust on your NA! :)

I'm interested in picking up an exhaust system for the ST to put on my regular fiesta but I'm still a little bit worried about the fit and finish of it all.

There is a fit difference (I guess the non-ST sits higher? Like I said the installation required a small adjustment to hangers, but it was essentially just chop off the old muffler and weld the ST on). Unsure of how an entire exhaust would fit but I assume it's a nearly identical setup.

I plan on adding the ST bumper valance/skirt wings ASAP, so the muffler will be better hidden from the side.

Also planning to paint those tips black tonight or tomorrow hopefully :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
One of my customers put a non ST bumper on his St. It can be done but he had to trim the backside of the bumper to allow room for the intercooler. Reason he put the non ST was due to cost.
I'm assuming due to cost to replace it because his was broken, otherwise it's generally cheaper to keep what the car already comes with. :p

I much prefer the ST body style look. When I see regular Fiestas now they look pretty unimpressive.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think the non-st front is nicer, but with all these Fiestas rolling around it just feels so common.

I did score a front and rear st bumpers recently along with some st side skirts. Gonna be a hard decision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts