Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, Fiesta Brain Trust, help me out: How do I program the presets for Sirius satellite channels?

With the regular radio, you just press-and-hold a preset button while tuned to the channel, and it programs itself.

But when I'm in Satellite mode, the press-and-hold doesn't work. And while I haven't read the manual yet, there's nothing in the index about it.

Has anyone figured it out yet?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmmm... I saw the sales agent do a press and hold to set it. I personally haven't tried it. I'll have to experiment later. I'll let you know what I figure out.

Oh and congrats on getting your fiesta! Which one did you end up getting?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I did it on mine... for me, the press and hold did work for setting sirius presets. Just hold it until it says "preset saved" or something like that.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So odd, guys! I'll try it again tonight. I saved all the regular radio presets first and then tried satellite second and none of them worked. Maybe if I spend more time with it tonight.

Oh, merkmal - I got a Silver Hatch SE automatic from my dealer's lot. It had 252 miles on it from all the test-driving customers had done, but I figure that just helps break it in. Also, it has sentimental value because it's the first fiesta I ever laid eyes on in real life, and it's the first one I ever drove. So even though it's not the one I special ordered, I am really, really happy with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
So jealous, you have the exact one I want!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So jealous, you have the exact one I want!
You're right! I never noticed that! Thank god we didn't have the same dealer or we would have had to fight for it. :)

I'm happy to take custom photos of things on the car if there's anything you're curious about. I'm going to go hunting for that rumored "secret" USB port this weekend, for instance.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Did your's come with stone or charcoal interior, and also could you take a close up photo of the rear seat heating ducts as well as the rear door paneling?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did your's come with stone or charcoal interior, and also could you take a close up photo of the rear seat heating ducts as well as the rear door paneling?
I have Black Cloth Seats (I assume same as charcoal, but that's not what they call it on the sticker) . I'm happy to take those pictures!

I don't have the heated seats, so I don't think I'll have heating ducts in the rear, but I'll look.

The attached photo is the only interior shot I took so far, showing the rear visibility problem with the head rests in. Those things are coming out tonight!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have Black Cloth Seats (I assume same as charcoal, but that's not what they call it on the sticker) . I'm happy to take those pictures!

I don't have the heated seats, so I don't think I'll have heating ducts in the rear, but I'll look.

The attached photo is the only interior shot I took so far, showing the rear visibility problem with the head rests in. Those things are coming out tonight!!
Why in the world would they make those like that!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why in the world would they make those like that!?!?!?!?!
My salesman said that they enhance crash test protections for rear passengers, so if anyone is planning to have a lot of people riding in the car, it's better to leave them in. But I'm not going to have a lot of people in the back, and i'll stow them in the trunk for times when I do.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does this car have them?
I'm not totally sure what the heating ducts are. until blueflame replies, I'm assuming it's for heated seats, which I don't have on this car. It's an SE, not an SES.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So if you run into your dream car, but turns out a 5sp manual, then you can swap cars with Meg!
Actually, yes. I would do that. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not totally sure what the heating ducts are. until blueflame replies, I'm assuming it's for heated seats, which I don't have on this car. It's an SE, not an SES.
According to this spec sheet, even the S has it...

INTERIOR/COMFORT
• Center Finish Panel – Painted Black
• Center Stack – Painted Black
• Climate Control
— Air Conditioning – Manual with Electronic Actuation
— A/C Register Bezels – Painted Black
— Rear Seat Heat Ducts
• Cupholders – (5) 1st Row and (1) 2nd Row
• Door Handles – MIC Metallic Appliqué
• Door Inserts – Cloth
• Door Locks – Power
• Door Release – MIC
• Driver Left Footrest
• Floor Consolette – MIC
• Floor Mats – 1st Row Carpet Mats
• IP Canisters – MIC
• Lighting – Center Dome Lamp w/Map Lights
• Seats
— 1st Row – Driver 4-way Manual
— 1st Row – Passenger 2-way Manual
— 1st Row – Cloth Bucket Seats with Adj. Headrests
— 2nd Row – Cloth 60/40 Split Rear Seat with Adj.
Headrests
• Shift Knob – Metallic Paint
• Shifter Bezel (MIC Black – Automatic Only)
• Steering Wheel
— Tilt and Telescoping
— Wheel Spokes – Painted Black
• Storage – Front Door Storage Bins
• Sunvisors – Driver and Front Passenger
• Windows – Manual

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
241 Posts
Look under the front seats from the rear, and see if there are some vent holes from the console. That's where they are on my 04 Focus. They just send air from the heater to the rear floor area.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ya, when I heard that the Fiesta had that I was like cooooolllll!

Would be nice to see where they put them though.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Look under the front seats from the rear, and see if there are some vent holes from the console. That's where they are on my 04 Focus. They just send air from the heater to the rear floor area.
They may also be underneath the driver and passenger side seats on the floor and pointing to the rear seat floor. You will actually have to either move the seat all the way forward or put your head in the rear floor board and look under the seats.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Rear heat ducts below each seat

Underneath my dirty front seat I took the attached picture. Only visible with your head on the floor.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts