Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got around to installing my ScanGauge II. Installation was easy. I mounted it above the left driver air vent with velcro. Ran the wire down inside the black rubber finish piece. There must be a name for that.

The instructions aren't too bad, but still a lot it can do that I'll never use. The four choices I used are instant MPG, volts, engine coolant temp and current speed in MPH. My short drive the temp seemed to stay in the 180's. Volts are real boring. The MPH seem to be almost right on. Only one MPH of at 60. Can't say the same about the cars speedo. Kind of ironic, since they get their info from the same source.

Lots of cool color choices for the background light. I chose red for now as it matches the rest of the dash the best.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Whats the cost on this?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I just got around to installing my ScanGauge II. Installation was easy. I mounted it above the left driver air vent with velcro. Ran the wire down inside the black rubber finish piece. There must be a name for that.

The instructions aren't too bad, but still a lot it can do that I'll never use. The four choices I used are instant MPG, volts, engine coolant temp and current speed in MPH. My short drive the temp seemed to stay in the 180's. Volts are real boring. The MPH seem to be almost right on. Only one MPH of at 60. Can't say the same about the cars speedo. Kind of ironic, since they get their info from the same source.

Lots of cool color choices for the background light. I chose red for now as it matches the rest of the dash the best.
Thanks for the update Corvair. I will definitely get one when my car arrives. I think the instant mpg readout will be interesting to monitor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have one that I'm using in my jeep right now, it really helps you hypermill if your into that. It great to see how much letting off the gas just a little affects mileage. I use volts (lots of accessories, lights etc), mpg, load, and throttle position. Be sure to set the sample rate to high/fast, it updates much quicker

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use ScanGauge II in my Escape Hybrid: MPH, MPG, Big battery state of charge (SOC), and engine coolant temp (normally upper 180s for the 2.3L Atkinson I4.)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Corvair, when you get done experimenting with the setup, let us know what settings you are using. I am currently using a 1.9 liter engine in the setup to bring the fuel fillup correction factor down to a reasonable range (6% right now, but I'm still playing around).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts