Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this but it seemed to have the most traffic. If it needs to be moved, by all means do so.

My name is Mike and I am the QA manager with SCT in Longwood, Florida.

I came to this site from focaljet where I am a moderator of the ECU tuning forum.

We are actively searching for a Fiesta to enhance our hardware and software tuning support. We have tried our local dealers but every vehicle that is on their lots was sold by the time we inquired about it. Next we are checking with rental companies but none have them yet.

If anyone is in the state of Florida with a Fiesta that they would allow us to borrow for a few days, let me know. We will be able to provide you with a rental vehicle. This testing does not involve any dyno testing or driving of the vehicle for that matter. You would be benefiting not only us but also companies like FSWerks as they work on aftermarket support.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Hopefully you guys will find a Fiesta soon. If I was in Florida or if you were in Michigan, you could borrow mine. I am planning on a SCT FSWerks tune for my Fiesta to try and help wake the car up. Big difference between the US and EU Fiesta's when it comes to acceleration, throttle response, and power band. If I find any owners in Florida, I will pass them along to you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully you guys will find a Fiesta soon. If I was in Florida or if you were in Michigan, you could borrow mine. I am planning on a SCT FSWerks tune for my Fiesta to try and help wake the car up. Big difference between the US and EU Fiesta's when it comes to acceleration, throttle response, and power band. If I find any owners in Florida, I will pass them along to you.
Thanks. Hopefully we can get a car here. We may have found why the EU and US cars are different but I really need to get my hands on a US vehicle to be sure.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I spent over a year and 20k miles with the EU car. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback that may help.

·
Registered
325 Posts
BRGT350, here is the power graph from my 1.6 Ti-VCT in my Focus, which I would think would be very similar to the EU Fiesta you were driving.

It would be interesting to see the graph from your USA Fiesta.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wasn't sure if this was the right forum for this but it seemed to have the most traffic. If it needs to be moved, by all means do so.

My name is Mike and I am the QA manager with SCT in Longwood, Florida.

I came to this site from focaljet where I am a moderator of the ECU tuning forum.

We are actively searching for a Fiesta to enhance our hardware and software tuning support. We have tried our local dealers but every vehicle that is on their lots was sold by the time we inquired about it. Next we are checking with rental companies but none have them yet.

If anyone is in the state of Florida with a Fiesta that they would allow us to borrow for a few days, let me know. We will be able to provide you with a rental vehicle. This testing does not involve any dyno testing or driving of the vehicle for that matter. You would be benefiting not only us but also companies like FSWerks as they work on aftermarket support.

Thanks
I am in Orlando and would be happy to let you use mine but I don't have it yet. How soon are you wanting it because mine is still in Mexico. My selling sealer has one coming in exactly like mine that is in the USA already but not on the lot and I will probably get that one instead. PM me

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
I am in Orlando and would be happy to let you use mine but I don't have it yet. How soon are you wanting it because mine is still in Mexico. My selling sealer has one coming in exactly like mine that is in the USA already but not on the lot and I will probably get that one instead. PM me
Many of us are "looking for a Fiesta," hehe, as shown here.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The reasons why the computers between US and Euro being different are very simple actually. A emissions standards will be the root of it all, from engine timing to O2 sensors.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Mike. I went ahead and moved this to the appropriate section for the time being, (Performance). Keep checking your PM's for more info, (either from me or Ron I imagine.)

On a related note... I've had an SCT chip in my Focus for the past 7 years, and it is hands down one of the best investments I ever made. So, if someone can help Mike out, you'd be doing him, and Fiesta owners present and future a huge favor. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Mike. I went ahead and moved this to the appropriate section for the time being, (Performance). Keep checking your PM's for more info, (either from me or Ron I imagine.)

On a related note... I've had an SCT chip in my Focus for the past 7 years, and it is hands down one of the best investments I ever made. So, if someone can help Mike out, you'd be doing him, and Fiesta owners present and future a huge favor. :D
Thanks for the feedback. We do pride ourselves on being tops in the Ford world. As new vehicles come out we try to stay ahead of the curve to get full support as soon as possible.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I ran a SCT XCal2 with a FSWerks tune in my SVT Focus and loved it. I am 100% sold on the SCT products and can't wait for a new tune for my Fiesta.

Looking at the dyno chart from GhiaFan, I doubt the US Fiesta has that nice sweet spot of torque between 3k-5k rpm. It feels like more like 4k-6k, which coupled with the wide gear ratio gaps means 2nd needs to be revved very high to keep 3rd in the power band. It sucks for driving on the street. I know very little about tuning, but with the Ti-VCT engine, I am hoping the powerband can be moved with changing of the cam timing. I don't know how much can be changed from timing since lift and duration are set from the cam grind. Increasing the timing advance from going to a 93 octane fuel with surely help.

Here are a few things I am hoping to accomplish with a SCT/FSWerks tune;
Increased mid-range torque (flatter torque curve between 3k-5k rpm)
Advanced timing with 93 octane fuel
Removing the speed limiter (running Z-rated tires)
Reprogram the factory shift light to come on just after max hp is reached
Improve initial throttle response (EU Fiesta seemed way more responsive to slight throttle inputs, where the US one needs more input before the engine wakes up)

I would run the tune from March until December, and then return it to stock for the winter when I drive more distance and need less power.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I ran a SCT XCal2 with a FSWerks tune in my SVT Focus and loved it. I am 100% sold on the SCT products and can't wait for a new tune for my Fiesta.

Looking at the dyno chart from GhiaFan, I doubt the US Fiesta has that nice sweet spot of torque between 3k-5k rpm. It feels like more like 4k-6k, which coupled with the wide gear ratio gaps means 2nd needs to be revved very high to keep 3rd in the power band. It sucks for driving on the street. I know very little about tuning, but with the Ti-VCT engine, I am hoping the powerband can be moved with changing of the cam timing. I don't know how much can be changed from timing since lift and duration are set from the cam grind. Increasing the timing advance from going to a 93 octane fuel with surely help.

Here are a few things I am hoping to accomplish with a SCT/FSWerks tune;
Increased mid-range torque (flatter torque curve between 3k-5k rpm)
Advanced timing with 93 octane fuel
Removing the speed limiter (running Z-rated tires)
Reprogram the factory shift light to come on just after max hp is reached
Improve initial throttle response (EU Fiesta seemed way more responsive to slight throttle inputs, where the US one needs more input before the engine wakes up)

I would run the tune from March until December, and then return it to stock for the winter when I drive more distance and need less power.
You're asking quite a bit out of a engine reflash, you should probably look more into a standalone ECU such as a Haltech.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Many of those requests are things that a current FSWerks SCT tune will do for a Focus. There are more tuning options with the Fiesta's Ti-VCT cams. The throttle is also computer controlled, so I would guess there is some tuning that can be done there. Advancing the timing, remapping the fuel curve, changing the shift light, and removing the speed limiter are all things available with the current FSWerks SCT flasher.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
With non-speed rated tires, I am sure it is set to 105-115mph. Some day I may find a track with a long enough straight away to get my Fiesta over that speed. :)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
the OE 16-inch tires on the SES are H-rated so they're good to 130 mph.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I found an article on car and driver that says the car is drag limited to 118. Maybe some one can find something else to go along with this. I believe you have reasonable goals.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I dropped off my car today at SCT so they can do some testing on what can and can't be changed on the Fiesta.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dropped off my car today at SCT so they can do some testing on what can and can't be changed on the Fiesta.
Yes and thank you. I wasn't going to post anything without your approval.

We are working on ironing out a few details and learning as much as we can in a short time; most notably the processor differences.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts