Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a place that can tune the 1.6l NA's ECU, but I have to send it off for a bench tune, can a 2019 fiesta work with a ECU from anther fiesta ? I wanted to keep my stock one and have buy a second one but did not know if thye had to be paired to the car or anything.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I found a place that can tune the 1.6l NA's ECU, but I have to send it off for a bench tune, can a 2019 fiesta work with a ECU from anther fiesta ? I wanted to keep my stock one and have buy a second one but did not know if thye had to be paired to the car or anything.

Thanks.
Do you have any other information on this tuner you can share?

Not to be a killjoy - but just be careful. We've had quite a few folks, big name companies, claim to be able to tune the ECUs for the US spec non-turbo cars in the last 10 years but none have come through on promises.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a local shop, they done a few NAs and I driven on, they can definitely tune it. But they can’t do it via the odb port so I have to give them the ecu.
The tune removes the 5speed manuals rev matching/holding so you can sifts faster and the governor in 1/2/3 gear with frees up a little power along with a little more aggressive timings/fuel map. Doesn’t add much power but makes the car funner to drive.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Its a local shop, they done a few NAs and I driven on, they can definitely tune it. But they can’t do it via the odb port so I have to give them the ecu.
The tune removes the 5speed manuals rev matching/holding so you can sifts faster and the governor in 1/2/3 gear with frees up a little power along with a little more aggressive timings/fuel map. Doesn’t add much power but makes the car funner to drive.
Then the proof is in the pudding as it were. If they have actual tuned models already then they have more than anyone else whose come along thus far.

Forgive me if I sound jaded - I am, lol. I've had my SES 5-speed since October 2010 and have had my hopes of a simple tune dashed a dozen or so times.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then the proof is in the pudding as it were. If they have actual tuned models already then they have more than anyone else whose come along thus far.

Forgive me if I sound jaded - I am, lol. I've had my SES 5-speed since October 2010 and have had my hopes of a simple tune dashed a dozen or so times.

They told me Ford already milked a lot out of the ECU programing so its not realy worth the truble for most places.
They cant be tuned over the ODB port, the rom chip has to be removed and put in a flasher, they're codded in a way that not user friendly (think hex code like old EECiv ECUs had) and there really is not much to get out of a tune for a NA. The most they could come up with was removing some of the nanny's like the rev slow down/holding when shifting so one can shift faster and the governor that lowers torque in 1-3 gear.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
They told me Ford already milked a lot out of the ECU programing so its not realy worth the truble for most places.
They cant be tuned over the ODB port, the rom chip has to be removed and put in a flasher, they're codded in a way that not user friendly (think hex code like old EECiv ECUs had) and there really is not much to get out of a tune for a NA. The most they could come up with was removing some of the nanny's like the rev slow down/holding when shifting so one can shift faster and the governor that lowers torque in 1-3 gear.
Honestly, the rev holding when shifting is the only obtrusive thing I ever really noticed. I'm at the point where I'm happy with the power, sound and handling of my car - it really is at its best when being tossed around the twisty mountain roads in my area.

For my occasional AutoX event I have a switch wired in to completely kill all traction/driving aids - original 2010 build cars like mine lacked even the ability to defeat TC from the sync menu like later updates had......

But the drivability could certainly benefit from killing the rev hold.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a little torque to be gained in lower gears on the 5 speeds. but from what I was told it there to prevent the trans from being damaged. Other then that the tune does not really do much. I'll pass on the tune since I wanted something more aggressive that work with a cam upgrade.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
There is a little torque to be gained in lower gears on the 5 speeds. but from what I was told it there to prevent the trans from being damaged. Other then that the tune does not really do much. I'll pass on the tune since I wanted something more aggressive that work with a cam upgrade.
Can you post this shop's info? Or PM me with it? I might be interested in speaking with them come spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts