Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would locate it on my wife's but she wont let me dismantle anything in her car - so I'm going to have to wait for mine to come in which is going to be a while.

If anyone is feeling adventurous, just start looking around for the SYNC module. Here's directions for the F150 (it's in a completely different place in the Escape - behind the dash, and a completely different place in the Fusion - center console) How to add a second USB port to SYNC .: Ford Truck Articles

·
Registered
343 Posts
On the Fiesta Facebook page the Ford guy said the port doesn't exist.
I don't think he knows what he is talking about based on what he's written... we'll see if he responds to my inquiry.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The SE was supposed to come with a USB port regardless of whether it has Sync or not so I wonder if there may be one on the back of the radio head unit that I could hook up to.

Edit; I just checked and it still says we were supposed to get one. Heck, it even shows the S was supposed to get one.

Click on "Interior Features" and scroll down.
http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/fiesta/compare-models/?models=ssedan|sehatch

·
Registered
984 Posts
The second USB,if it is available,is on the APIM (Audio Protocal Interface Module ) which is located behind the dash on the glove box side toward the bottom edge.
I don't have a car to verify that the new version of SYNC has two USB ports on the APIM but the original version of SYNC does have it. I guess someone who already has a car and is willing to look for it can let us all know for sure.
If it does have one and you get the cable to plug into the APIM you can then say USB2 to access it for use. Again this is all based on wether or not the latest version of the APIM has an open USB port for use.
As for cars without SYNC they don't have an APIM so they will not have any USB ports at all no matter what the SALES brochures or SALESperson tells you.
Even if it has it on the console,which I am pretty sure that it doesn't, the other end of the cable doesn't have a module to plug into to make it work.
Disclaimer:
Remember if you do this you do it at your own risk and I am not saying that it will or won't work or will or won't cause damage to the Body Control Module because I have not tried it or been authorized by FMC to say that it is a authorized modification.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I pulled out the flexible panel under the glove box but didn't see anything that looked like what we're talking about. I'll look some more tomorrow.

It would be awesome to be able to have the second USB cable in the glove box with a thumb drive attached, and use the console USB port for charging.

But digging around in the car I continue to be impressed at the thought put into it. Like the elastic strap in the glove box to store your books and papers. And what's that on the left side? A pen holder?

·
Registered
343 Posts
But digging around in the car I continue to be impressed at the thought put into it. Like the elastic strap in the glove box to store your books and papers. And what's that on the left side? A pen holder?
Not to get off topic... but the elastic strap on the driver sun visor to hold toll tickets is also a wonderful touch!

·
Registered
984 Posts
I pulled out the flexible panel under the glove box but didn't see anything that looked like what we're talking about.
It isn't going to be a USB port it will be a open connection on the module that another cable with a USB end can be plugged into.
From all the pictures that I can find it appears to be bolted to the dash underneath the glovebox with the connectors facing toward the firewall.
Remember that this is only on vehicles with SYNC also.
Disclaimer:
Remember if you do this you do it at your own risk and I am not saying that it will or won't work or will or won't cause damage to any modules because I have not tried it or been authorized by FMC to say that it is a authorized modification.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Not to get off topic... but the elastic strap on the driver sun visor to hold toll tickets is also a wonderful touch!
Come on people, this car is [based on] the 7th iteration of the Fiesta.
Ford of Europe really knows what people like to have in their cars by now.
(that, minus big American cup holders) :p

·
Registered
244 Posts
Picture of Fiesta APIM

Sorry for the bad picture, but it looks like there is a second port.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sorry for the bad picture, but it looks like there is a second port.
Yes that is the APIM and based on the picture it does have an open connection for an additional USB cable.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Now if someone with a non-Sync equipped SE could check that same area.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The unprofessional photographer

I can't make out where that is. Did you remove that fuzzy panel under the glove box?
Yes I removed the fuzzy panel. The picture was taken with the camera in the foot well facing back toward the seat so it's not what you see when you are looking toward the front of the car. When you are looking at it, you can see the one cable coming out from the back and you can feel the other opening. I'm trying to figure out a better way to take a picture of it. I'm guessing a mirror in the foot well.

·
Registered
984 Posts
now to figure out the max amount of songs that can be indexed :p
With 9999 songs all voice commands are available,above that you lose the "Play Track" voice command but still have "Play Artist","Play Album","Play Genre","Play Playlist","Play Similar","Whats Playing".

1 - 20 of 186 Posts