Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Tensioners are not that easy.
You need a third hand or a tricky way to hold the tensioner while you install the belt.
Just be glad the belt doesn't have to be replaced very often.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Tensioners are not that easy.
You need a third hand or a tricky way to hold the tensioner while you install the belt.
Just be glad the belt doesn't have to be replaced very often.
I dunno, I do change my belt often in my truck as I like to bypass ac an powersteering when I hit the track..it's alot easier doin it topside with the tensioner (at least in my truck) rather than having to jack up a vehicle, remove a belt cover than having to rotate the crank to roll the belt onto the pulleys. And the thing is, my belt was barely frayed, only reason I swapped it out was because I was installing a new ac compressor...and the instructions to remove belt is to cut it, I could have kept it for an emergency backup. And what about if your driving along someplace and the belt does go bad, at least with the tensioner you can change it on the fly... than again, changing a belt in my gmc minivan is a big pain as well...so it goes both way I guess dependent on a respective car/truck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't need a tool. Put the belt on as far as it will go, then attach a small vise grip over top of the belt and the pulley Then Rotate the crankshaft bolt with a long ratchet wrench and use your fingers to keep the belt on the pulley as you rotate the pulley. It will go on without to much effort.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone, first time poster. Bought my Fiesta Dec 2010. Went today for normal oil change and was told my Sepentine Belt was fraying, which it is. Car has 90k miles on it. Read some posts. Cant find the belt anywhere, even on the Ford Parts Website.. am i doing something wrong? Tried drive belt, serpentine belt etc... Why is this not available in 3rd party parts list either. Mine is a 4dr SES 1.6l standard with air conditioning.
Mine had 75k on it and I noticed the serpentine belt was freying. 3 days later it popped while I was in a parking lot. I got the part from rock auto for around $35-45. It comes in a kit.. there are no tensioners, you just cut off the old one and shoe horn/man handle the new one on.. helps to have 2 people. One up time and you under. A long pry bar helps push it on

21 - 29 of 29 Posts