Fiesta Faction banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
They're not on yet, but I ordered the Ford '04 SVT 6-spoke 17" (M-1007-S177A). Will probably get 205/40-17 Yokohama S.drive, if I go cheap; Bridgestone Potenza RE760, if I decide to spend more.
The guy in our dealership's service department told me that the 16" Firestone Firehawks we want are not available for the SES (yet). We ran 'Hawks on both of our last two ZX3s, and got great mileage/wear/traction from them in each instance.

Nothing against Hankook Optimo tires, we just prefer Firehawks.

Harry

·
Registered
14 Posts
The guy in our dealership's service department told me that the 16" Firestone Firehawks we want are not available for the SES (yet). We ran 'Hawks on both of our last two ZX3s, and got great mileage/wear/traction from them in each instance.

Nothing against Hankook Optimo tires, we just prefer Firehawks.

Harry
I changed the oem potenza with the fire hawk wide ovals and although the handling is reduced, it still handles sufficient with all the other benefits you mentioned and a much smoother ride than the potenzas...smoother in the sense of that it reduces the harshness the potenzas have. It also smoothes out the handling with less of a twitchy response than the potenzas. Those into hitting top speed turns may prefer a sportier tire, but for me so far, this tire has the best balance of handling and ride quality.

Not to mention, if you catch it on sale, that it is one of the least damaging to your wallet once you decide to purchase it.

Sent using Tapatalk

21 - 22 of 22 Posts