Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new member and likely will acquire a Fiesta soon.

I took a test drive over the weekend... this purchase is from a single owner "friend" who has generally taken care of the car himself. But some concerns that he shared and I additionally noticed:

Front end has clunks and bumps in both directions. I am not qualified to diagnose but I expect ball joints, tie rods, a frame etc, and we have rough roads here in michigan.

Shifter is really tight between gears, takes muscle so not sure what is up there but linkage maybe?

NO AC, apparently there is a known leak and several seals changed but has not solved the problem and will leak.

Air Bag light is on, not sure what thats about and have not yet asked.

I could not get low beams to work, blue light for brights would come on but would cycle to off, and no headlight beam to speak of.

I am generally mechanically inclined but cant really do my own diagnosing, this car to the best of my knowledge is all original parts etc, though he said he did follow manual maintenance schedule.. so I could be somewhat wrong but he states no major repairs.

Does anyone have any experience or advice to give regarding above issues, including potential cost etc? This will be my first "modern" FORD have been all GM's to this point. Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Eon

1 - 1 of 1 Posts