Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2012 Fiesta that needs the slave cylinder replaced. A couple of questions about the process
1) where is the slave cylinder located? I haven't had the car very long so I don't know much about it.
2) where can I find a repair manual for the Fiesta? I'm in the US and I've only been able to find European manuals

So any help would be appreciated
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is not a job for a novice. The transmission will need to be removed in order to replace slave cylinder. Unless clutch is new you may as well change it while your there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What he said... it slides over the input shaft of the transmission and integrated with the throwout bearing. You have to get inside the bell housing to see it.

Not a Fiesta, but same idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help! I'm not a master mechanic by any means but I have worked on cars before. I like learning how to do, how to fix things.

What all is involved with dropping the transmission? It was supposed to have been fixed before I got the car but circumstances changed and now I'm going to fix it on my days off work.

Again, I've found a Chilton repair manual online, but nothing else for this car. Where can I find a shop manual? I usually get a manual for every car/truck I own.

Thanks again

·
Registered
160 Posts
The official service manuals are sold by Helm Inc. I think that the last year that they made a print manual for the Fiesta was for the 2011 model year. For all other years, you need to buy the CD, which can only be read by a PC.

As mentioned by the previous poster, the slave cylinder for the Fiesta is internal to the bell housing. You will need to remove the transmission from the car to do a slave cylinder replacement. This first involves removing the CV axles and supporting the engine. It is probably a day or two of work to drop the transmission. If you are going to go through all of that work, you should go ahead and replace the flywheel, pressure plate, and friction disk while you have it apart. You need to be very careful with the CV axles. There are easily damaged if the joints are bent too far. If they have more than about 100k miles on them, you might as well replace them, too. The carrier bearing support bracket will also need to be replaced when putting it back together.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for this info... I was wondering how to get service manuals for the Fiesta. For my S10 you could just buy them from the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts