Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 588 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like most of you I'm sure, I'd been following the development of the new Fiesta since it was teased at the NA auto shows. But with already having a car I figured buying one wouldn't be in the cards for a couple of years. At least until the wife and I found new jobs or a more permanent location. Sure I'd stopped and looked at a few when they first started hitting the dealer lots around Central PA, but I focused on my current Focus (hur-hur) and left the rest to daydreams.

Then one day in late October 2010, the wife and I were on our way back from shopping and we drove by the local Ford dealer in Hershey. I see a Yellow Blaze and comment that I hadn't seen that color in person yet. Wife says we should stop and take a look. I take it as a joke and keep driving (she does like to tease me about cars :p) until she says no, seriously, I want to see one of the Fiestas. So I say to myself; who am I to contend with the missus when she makes such a convincing argument?

Long story short, we both loved it. Everything either of us wanted in a new car. We took it for a test drive that day and took ownership just 4 days after first setting eyes on it. So, we brought home a new baby sibling for Recall (the Focus). 10 years younger, but just as bright, and just as much fun to drive.

Wife has taken to calling this one 'Mango'.
2011 Ford Fiesta SES hatchback in Yellow Blaze Tri-coat Metallic. 5-spd, SYNC, black leather interior, heated seats; loaded.

First family photos. Mango trying out big brother's Euro plate:

One month and 3500 miles later. I'd swapped out the chrome LED bezels for black ones and gotten the Fiesta it's own Euro plate:

According to the wife, I'm not allowed to 'mod' this one for at least a year. But she never said anything about stock-piling parts and leaving it in the shop for a week once it hits that one year mark. I'm holding her to it

I'll update when new things become available, but for the future my current plans are:
Tint
Drop
Wheels
Euro spoiler
Interior dress-up (Euro Fiesta S pedal kit, Leather/ Illuminated shift knob, etc.)
Maybe some power upgrade when they become available.

Until then, Enjoy guys! :D

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The current family stable:
2000 Jetta GLS; 2.0l 5-spd
2001 Focus ZX3; 2.0l 5-spd
2011 Fiesta SES; 1.6l 5-spd

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Love this car, with it's euro plate and "car girl" (; I am excited to see the mods you have in store for it - when the time comes.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Fiesta looks great! Now, if you could only get them to pave your street... Pennsylvania roadwork. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just picked up a little special something-something from Neuron. They need a little love and attention, but should look awesome once I have them cleaned up. :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love my yellow blaze. But I gotta say.... not very excited for the 10,000 mile mark. Can't wait to see what gifts you give the car.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Central PA - Porsche Club of America kicked off their 2011 Auto-X season this weekend in Hershey PA. I took the Fiesta out (stock with the exception of a set of R-compound tires from a friends Focus) and had a great time. In addition, the Fiesta was very well received by a lot people at the event; which was a nice surprise.

5 solid runs in for me:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and just to get this out there, because I know the question will be asked, "Did you have any problems with the TC?"

In short, No. If I had run the stock tires, yes, I would imagine I'd have had problems. But with the stickier tires, the only time I ever saw the TC blink on was when I got the right rear wheel up off the ground around a corner (which happened a few times). But even then it never really seemed.... obtrusive. I could feel the car hesitate, but it never really seemed to kill power. And as soon as all four wheels were back on the ground and turning on the exit of the corner, all was well again.

1 - 20 of 588 Posts