Fiesta Faction banner

581 - 600 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #583
An update, BTW. The car feels AWESOME on the full koni orange/ Mountune sport spring suspension. I have yet to find a tight enough turn to induce body roll and the amount of rotation you get in the corners is damn near perfect for me.

It's taken a smidgen of relearning how I throw the car around these mountain roads - I kept feeling like the Fiesta was getting squirrelly in corners and thought something might be loose. But I think now it was just that bit of back end rotation that I wasn't really used to. An application of throttle past the center of the curve and she just goes where you're looking.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #585
October 15th, 2010 (a few days after purchase) vs. November 6th, 2019. Both taken in the same section of the Downtown Carlisle parking garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, looking for details and a short review of the roof rack that you have. What's the make and model? Are you using the Thule AeroBar foot pack (TH480R) and fit kit THKIT1503? Any issues with the mounting "hooks" and vibration/rubbing on the paint? Cool Fiesta, and any details about your roof rack setup will help me for carrying my bike in the summer. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #589
Hey, looking for details and a short review of the roof rack that you have. What's the make and model? Are you using the Thule AeroBar foot pack (TH480R) and fit kit THKIT1503? Any issues with the mounting "hooks" and vibration/rubbing on the paint? Cool Fiesta, and any details about your roof rack setup will help me for carrying my bike in the summer. Thanks in advance.
Heya Gram - sorry I didn't reply to this sooner - I didn't know there were any new responses in this thread!

I actually have a rack from a company called Rola. I chose them over a Thule set up because it had a lower profile and aero bars. Initial fitment was a little tricky - but as I discovered they give you measurements in the instructions on where to place the hooks around the door frame and you MUST FOLLOW THEM AS EXACTLY AS POSSIBLE for a proper fit. But it's been on and off the car for almost 3 years now and I've never had any paint issues with it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #590
Passed 179k miles..... just took the old girl in to have a coolant leak looked at and it ended up being a cracked fin in the radiator - whoops! New radiator is in and I'm working on cleaning up the mess the coolant left in the engine bay and getting the snow tires off this weekend.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #592
Going to be working on the interior and gauges this summer.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #594
That oil filter adapter must make oil changes so much easier! I need to buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm hoping!

I was worried about clearances between the filter itself and the radiator shroud if I tried to stick the sandwich plate in there. Came across that Ford Racing adapter (it's a Mustang part) and figured I'd give it a try!

This was a cheaper option than going with a full on remote mounted oil filter which some friends suggested.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm hoping!

I was worried about clearances between the filter itself and the radiator shroud if I tried to stick the sandwich plate in there. Came across that Ford Racing adapter (it's a Mustang part) and figured I'd give it a try!

This was a cheaper option than going with a full on remote mounted oil filter which some friends suggested.

Is that black sandwich plate necessary to screw on the fl-910 oil filter on there? Did you get it installed yet?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #596
Is that black sandwich plate necessary to screw on the fl-910 oil filter on there? Did you get it installed yet?

No, not installed yet. I JUST did an oil change 3 weeks ago so I'm not in a hurry to get this installed on the car. I'll just wait until I have the pressure gauge and sensor ordered and do the install later in the summer.

The black sandwich plate is not required for the 90° elbow. The Mustang oil filter threads are the same as the Fiesta. The sandwich plate is where I'm going to be screwing in the oil pressure sensor ;)

·
Registered
273 Posts
No, not installed yet. I JUST did an oil change 3 weeks ago so I'm not in a hurry to get this installed on the car. I'll just wait until I have the pressure gauge and sensor ordered and do the install later in the summer.

The black sandwich plate is not required for the 90° elbow. The Mustang oil filter threads are the same as the Fiesta. The sandwich plate is where I'm going to be screwing in the oil pressure sensor ;)

Oh! That makes sense! I think the oil filter coming down straight would be so much less messy doing an oil change LOL I’ll have to see if I can track one down cause I have an oil change coming up that I need to do soon

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #598
Oh! That makes sense! I think the oil filter coming down straight would be so much less messy doing an oil change LOL I’ll have to see if I can track one down cause I have an oil change coming up that I need to do soon

Reference this Ford Racing part number (m-6880-a50)

The part looks like it might be backordered right now but I was able to find one on Ebay.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Reference this Ford Racing part number (m-6880-a50)

The part looks like it might be backordered right now but I was able to find one on Ebay.

Found a site that said they had it in stock!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
I ALSO just scored an immaculate set of what I'm almost certain are old Mondeo / Contour ST200 wheels!

I'd take pictures but they're in my trunk and it's downpouring, lol

581 - 600 of 613 Posts