Fiesta Faction banner
621 - 626 of 626 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #621 ·
How’s the header holding up Mr Slippy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The header itself is doing great! Its the rest of the exhaust I think I need to work on, lol. I really think I need to go see a custom shop and have them weld in a piece of a flex pipe to the front of the long center tube. I feel (smell) like the stiffness of the current setup it causing a leak somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
The header itself is doing great! Its the rest of the exhaust I think I need to work on, lol. I really think I need to go see a custom shop and have them weld in a piece of a flex pipe to the front of the long center tube. I feel (smell) like the stiffness of the current setup it causing a leak somewhere.

I always thought that was the path I was going to follow if I’d held on to it. Just behind the flange on the centre pipe.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #623 ·
Yup - I did it :D

So the culmination of several years of gathering parts for my 'Franken-seats' has led to this.

My car is a 2011 Fiesta SES and came with the full black leather interior. In like... 2017 sometime I found a set a ruined 2013 Focus ST3 leather Recaros in a junk yard and snagged the seat bases and thigh bolster trays. side note that the underlying seat frame between comparable years of the Focus and Fiesta is exactly the same Those swapped directly in place of my stock, completely flat, seat bases to provide some butt support during autocross.

Just last month I came across a seller on Ebay parting out a similar set of 2013 ST3 Recaro seats. I snagged the seat back foam and leather skin for the drivers side at a great price and then set about getting the airbag seam professionally repaired. Got the seat skins back yesterday and put everything together on my seat frame and back in the car today.

My organs are being hugged now, lol.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Yup - I did it :D

So the culmination of several years of gathering parts for my 'Franken-seats' has led to this.

My car is a 2011 Fiesta SES and came with the full black leather interior. In like... 2017 sometime I found a set a ruined 2013 Focus ST3 leather Recaros in a junk yard and snagged the seat bases and thigh bolster trays. side note that the underlying seat frame between comparable years of the Focus and Fiesta is exactly the same Those swapped directly in place of my stock, completely flat, seat bases to provide some butt support during autocross.

Just last month I came across a seller on Ebay parting out a similar set of 2013 ST3 Recaro seats. I snagged the seat back foam and leather skin for the drivers side at a great price and then set about getting the airbag seam professionally repaired. Got the seat skins back yesterday and put everything together on my seat frame and back in the car today.

My organs are being hugged now, lol.

Nice! I’ve only placed both cheeks in one Focus St seat, the FiST seats seem a bit more forgiving for my wide load. Love the Recaros…

I keep forgetting the height of that shifter!

·
Registered
162 Posts
That’s impressive Slipster17. Looks nice

on the seat skin repair. Was it hard finding a shop willing to repair? Also did you have to replace the seat airbag from deployment?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #626 ·
That’s impressive Slipster17. Looks nice

on the seat skin repair. Was it hard finding a shop willing to repair? Also did you have to replace the seat airbag from deployment?
I just went to a small local upholstery shop here - they had great reviews on Google. I did get the schpeel about how he isn't 'supposed' to repair the blown airbag seams and how he needed a specific weight of thread to do it properly that he isn't 'supposed' to be able to buy...... but in the end he was super nice and helpful and walked me through what he would need to do to patch it up. He did indeed have the correct thread, BTW - I think it was just CYA on his part. I may have told him this was for an autocross car and not my daily as well - so there is that!

Also, no need for a new airbag. I just used the stock one already in place on my seat. The Fiesta airbag is slightly smaller than the Focus one - for obvious reasons. So the airbag pocket in the foam of the Recaros was a bit larger than my stock airbag, but there were no fitment issues in that regard. You can see a bit of the empty space around the Fiesta airbag in the photo below.

621 - 626 of 626 Posts