Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love to read reactions of the neighbors, friends, family, co-workers, bosses, the deacon, ... upon seeing your cars! :cool:

Anecdotes please!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Four of my male neighbors came over this morning after I returned from having my windows tinted to 40%. All of them looked it over and declared that I'd done good in picking my new car! All of them kind of surprised that an older female (widow) could make such descisions as ordering a car and then adding after market items without their input. :D

All of them are younger than me but they're protective. Also a little disappointed that I didn't consult them about my purchase of the Fiesta.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I live in a neighborhood where nobody talks to each other.
But the guys at Autozone loved it.

Pretty much anywhere I go it's the first real live Fiesta they've ever seen, and that's pretty cool.

My buddy was over a little while ago and he was impressed.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Funny, I get no reaction at all. I'm pretty sure if I was living at my place all my neighbors would love it (it's like Melrose Place, we're all 30, single and impressively employed), but I'm staying with my mom while the leg heals and I haven't noticed any interest. Everyone in her neighborhood drives Priuseses, so showing up in a Ford probably strikes them as thuggishly jingoistic.

But someone whipped around in their seat and rolled up their windows at a stop light, so it's safe to say the sound system is a beast. :)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I was driving my Fiesta through Ann Arbor on the way to a car show and some college girls screamed "OMG IT'S SO CUTE!!" and started snapping photos :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was driving my Fiesta through Ann Arbor on the way to a car show and some college girls screamed "OMG IT'S SO CUTE!!" and started snapping photos :D
LOL, same reaction i got. I coach college cross country and the girls all say the car is cute. It's funny how they all gravitate to it. The guys all say it is a cool car.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just stopped by a friends to tell them about our upcoming move.
Their 14-year-old daughter had a gaggle of friends there.

They ran outside and posed for pictures in front of my Fiesta. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts

baaaa I live in Ann Arbor.. and I can't drive my car around yet.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
today a DDOT bus driver honked and asked "Where did you buy that? How much was it?"

·
Registered
413 Posts
I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast before church this morning. When I came out there was a family looking at my Fiesta and they wanted to know all about it. Turned out they'd parked their Chevy HHR next to me.;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I drove to my folks after taking delivery and heads were snapping around to look, cars on the freeway were speeding up to ride next to me to point and look, and oftentime when I come out of the store I see people looking at and in "BABYCAR". I think the tattoo has made it much more visible as a Fiesta.

I manage a restaurant where I park my car in a corner that I can observe (extra protection from crazy drivers) and am amused by how many people stop to look. Several have even gone so far as to come inside and ask if one of us owns the Fiesta parked outside and inquire as to what I think of it or ask if they can look inside it.

Reviews have been all positive.

My review is I LOVE my car. Only negative thus far is the lack of center armrest which I believe I will be purchasing when Ford finishes their aftermarket.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I had a constant stream of family, friends, and neighbors coming over to the house when I took delivery of the Fiesta. All wanted to know how it compared to the EU one I had last year. Since then, I have had lots of people staring at the car where ever I drive it. For me, having people stare at my cars is normal, so I felt very odd driving a rental Focus for a few months since it blended in. I am so happy to have a car that makes people stare again!

·
Registered
90 Posts
A coworker saw it and was excited about it. He knew it's a European model and asked if I got it from Germany. He was surprised to find out they started making them here since he thought that's happening only next year.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Aren't they still not accustomed to seeing a Fiesta, be it either Hot Magenta (your first car) or White? :)
yeah, people were kind of used to the Fiesta, but the white with giant white wheels really stands out. Now that I have the spoiler and body kit installed, it looks very different.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm not sure what the younger crowd thinks.....

I had a few neighborhood ladies proclaim that it 'was cute'. Another male friend thought it was 'cool'. My almost 16 year-old daughter and soon-to-be-driving is not really warm on it liking my 9-year old Saturn with 110K miles on it better. However, she really likes the SYNC and Satellite radio; all the things that get younger drivers in trouble; so, it's probably best that she's taken a liking to the Saturn L-200. Other than that, the only thing I've notice in the Chicago area are glances and some finger pointing. I haven't seen any other Fiestas on the road.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had a few neighborhood ladies proclaim that it 'was cute'. Another male friend thought it was 'cool'. My almost 16 year-old daughter and soon-to-be-driving is not really warm on it liking my 9-year old Saturn with 110K miles on it better. However, she really likes the SYNC and Satellite radio; all the things that get younger drivers in trouble; so, it's probably best that she's taken a liking to the Saturn L-200. Other than that, the only thing I've notice in the Chicago area are glances and some finger pointing. I haven't seen any other Fiestas on the road.
Which neighborhood are you in? I'm in streeterville, so my fiesta stays in my buildings parking garage when I'm not driving it.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The UPS delivery man was really excited seeing my Fiesta. He kept looking at it and asking questions. He's interested in getting one for himself now.

·
Registered
380 Posts
It's all thumbs up!

My sister in law wants one now. I was driving back from South Bend last week, a young couple in a 5 series bimmer pulled up beside me and the female held up a sign written in lipstick that said " We love the car!" I guess that is a yes vote. I have also had several encounters with curious people at fuel stops. People seem to be VERY interested in the sat' radio and Sync and if the car is as "quiet" as reported. Many heads are turning when I drive around in the Fiesta. I am certain that it is not me they are stareing at. This car is a rock star with an engine!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts