Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I earlier posted a thread for people to detail what they don't like about the Fiesta I thought it was only fair to start another thread for folks to list the things about the car that they like that perhaps weren't expected. For example I was so-so about the keyless start when I ordered it but I absolutely love it now. Also the cloth SES interior upholstery is far nicer than I expected, it looks like something from a much more expensive car IMHO.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
The driving style, handling, styling, SYNC, fuel economy, price, comfort of seats, and air-conditioning (new for me).

·
Registered
324 Posts
I love the extremely low maintenance and operating costs so far. The car has cost me absolutely nothing so far!

And if they EVER get it shipped out of Mexico and get a set of keys in my hand I will tell you how it drives. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I really like the fact that the SES is such a high-content small car. In times past you initially saved money upfront by buying a subcompact, but then you wound up getting nickeled-and-dimed to death adding on options, things that (far from being what most would consider "luxuries") simply made your new car purchase livable.

The Fiesta SES is near-complete right out the factory door, unless you want a moonroof or the front-end treatment (or both) along with a very few other nice options.

Harry

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I like driving my Fiesta and the "surprise and delight" features that folks are noticing when they see it in person. the color for example... when I someone who has not seen it that I got "bright magenta metallic" they give me a weird look and I have to explain that it's red-purple. but when they see it they usually respond "oh... that's nice!"

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love the support the seats give my back. They feel twice as good as the ones in my Focus.

·
Registered
260 Posts
There are so many likable things about my Fiesta. The color, the "spunky attitude" she has, the great gas mileage, the feeling of spaciousness inside, the stability, etc. etc.... but for some reason those little triangular side windows in particular make me smile. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Love the color ofcourse! And the MPGs...been getting higher than advertised on the highway, and I don't have the SFE package. When I'm out on the open road I've gotten between 41-48mpg, heard others have gotten higher than that. :D

I love SYNC, but I just got a new phone and still trying to work out kinks of getting it set up. Not sure if I'm having issues with the phone or with SYNC, but I'm tempted to think it's the phone just because I always have issues with phones.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
That was a modification of the EuroFiesta by DEARBOOOOOOOOOORN!!! :D

He never drove the EU car. So it may be fine but is it as good as what the EU fiesta provides?

I'm still waiting to drive a US spec car !!!!! I guess the Mexican factory has a few issues producing a sufficient amount of product at this point. My dealer says this week the first Fiesta should arrive. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
984 Posts
He never drove the EU car. So it may be fine but is it as good as what the EU fiesta provides?

I'm still waiting to drive a US spec car !!!!! I guess the Mexican factory has a few issues producing a sufficient amount of product at this point. My dealer says this week the first Fiesta should arrive. :rolleyes:
I drove the EU Fiesta twice at the ride and drives in my area and the seats in my Fiesta are actually more comfortable than the ones in the ride and drive cars that I drove. I have the leather seating and one of the cars that I drove in the ride and drives had leather also and the quality of materials in mine appear better also.
Oh to keep on topic of this thread I haven't found anything that I don't like yet. The powershift trans had some weird shifting habits but I just loaded the latest update from ford for the pcm and tcm and it shifts a lot better now and it is getting better mileage.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The little strap on the driver visor for putting toll tickets :)

·
Registered
554 Posts
* Fuel economy.
* Small size is easy to park.
* Good handling.
* Ride is firm but not harsh. No motion-sickness inducing wallowing, bottoming out the suspension on speed bumps, or feeling every paper clip sitting on the road.
* The multifunction computer with MPG, distance to empty, etc. (though it would be nice if it were possible to display several of these on the SYNC screen).
* Safety stuff like ESC is standard (Honda are you listening?).
* You can get a small, fuel efficient car that is well equipped (not a "penalty box") with stuff like heated seats, combination lock keypad, etc.
* You can get colors other than silver, gray, white, or black (that 2/3 of all cars in the US are; most of the rest are red or blue).
* Maintenance parts and fluids are relatively easy to find (an annoyance with most European brands, but also in some cases with Honda and GM vehicles with odd size batteries that are available only at the dealer where they are always on backorder).

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like the stick shift. I was worried because the girls at Jalopnik said it was "ropey." There is nothing wrong with it at all.

The seats are wide and comfy for those of us who are also wide.

Oh yeah... The Lime Squeeze...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hmm... I just checked and our SES doesn't have the strap on the driver's visor. Was that part of an options package?

Harry :confused:
My SES has it. It is on the backside (part against the roof) lower right hand corner.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hmm... I just checked and our SES doesn't have the strap on the driver's visor. Was that part of an options package?

Harry :confused:
my SE doesn't have a "strap" per se' but there is a little triangular piece of vinyl in the lower right corner of the visor for toll tickets or a note or whatever you'd want to put there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah it is a little strap. Our Focus had big ones on both visors. You could tuck a lot of stuff back there. I don't think the Fiesta one is going to be very useful.

My Fiesta visor isn't as thick as the Focus' was either. The garage door opener keeps falling off. I'll have to figure our something to pad it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My Fiesta visor isn't as thick as the Focus' was either. The garage door opener keeps falling off. I'll have to figure our something to pad it.
My ancient garage door opener with ancient battery works fine sitting in the driver's map pocket (of the Fiesta and every other car that I have parked in the same garage).

1 - 20 of 66 Posts