Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up at Fiesta Faction! Finally decided on getting a Fiesta after the wife and I deliberated over getting a Fiesta, Focus, or Fusion. We are in our upper 30s with 3 kids (5, 7, and 9) and we might not seem like the target audience for the Fiesta. However, we already have a Dodge minivan for hauling around the family. We have an aging Saturn SL2 that is about the kick the bucket, so we thought the Fiesta would make a good choice for both of us to drive back and forth to work. We live in town, so most of our driving is urban. We'll reserve the van for traveling and when we haul the entire family around. We'll use the Fiesta for work and driving around town.

We are very close to placing our order (since no of our local dealerships have anything in stock except one with manual transmission):

1) What is the expected wait time for someone ordering a Fiesta right now? I realize there were some shipping delays due to Ford making some kind of correction? The dealership says 6-8 weeks, and that's fine, but I'm a bit leery after reading reports of much longer wait times.

2) I saw in the brochure that the moon roof was a "late availability" option. Does that mean it's still not available? Specifically, if we order one now with a moon roof, will it add to the wait time?

3) In the brochure, there's a list of color choices for interior/exterior color combinations. Peculiarly, it appears that the black charcoal leather option is available with all exterior color choices EXCEPT the yellow blaze. Of course, that just so happens to be the color we want, but we thought the black leather seats would look great in combo with this exterior color. Any reason why you can't get the black leather with the yellow blaze or is this just a mistake in the brochure? On the website, when you build your own, it is not clear whether this is an option or not?

4) What is "12-volt rear powerpoint"? It mentions this as a SEL/SES feature, but we weren't sure what it meant.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
554 Posts
From Ford's web site (build and price), it looks like Yellow Blaze is only available with cashmere with charcoal black piping leather or charcoal black cloth.

A "12 volt power point" is a 12 volt socket that used to be commonly used to hold a cigarette lighter. The lighter itself is now an accessory option, since few people (even smokers) smoke in their cars, but the socket remains because other items commonly used in cars (e.g. cell phone chargers, portable navigation systems, etc.) are commonly plugged into it. Based on the description, the SES/SEL trim has an additional one in the back of the console for use from the rear seat, in addition to the one in the front of the console.

·
Registered
375 Posts
1) What is the expected wait time for someone ordering a Fiesta right now? I realize there were some shipping delays due to Ford making some kind of correction? The dealership says 6-8 weeks, and that's fine, but I'm a bit leery after reading reports of much longer wait times.

2) I saw in the brochure that the moon roof was a "late availability" option. Does that mean it's still not available? Specifically, if we order one now with a moon roof, will it add to the wait time?

3) In the brochure, there's a list of color choices for interior/exterior color combinations. Peculiarly, it appears that the black charcoal leather option is available with all exterior color choices EXCEPT the yellow blaze. Of course, that just so happens to be the color we want, but we thought the black leather seats would look great in combo with this exterior color. Any reason why you can't get the black leather with the yellow blaze or is this just a mistake in the brochure? On the website, when you build your own, it is not clear whether this is an option or not?

4) What is "12-volt rear powerpoint"? It mentions this as a SEL/SES feature, but we weren't sure what it meant.

Thanks a bunch!
1. Speaking for myself, I ordered my Fiesta on July 20 and it is now in transit with an ETA of September 23.

2. There is no delay on moonroof availability now. I ordered my car with the moonroof and did not experience a delay because of this option.

3. I think it is a mistake in the brochure. I ordered Yellow Blaze with charcoal leather seats and that is what they built for me. I think it is a sweet color combo for the Fiesta.

4. It's an extra 12 volt outlet positioned on the back of the center console. The SES/SEL give you two 12 volt outlets instead of just one.

Hope that helps clear up a few things. :)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Weird...just across our border, us Canadians seem we can get Yellow Blaze with the Charcoal leather interior. I'd double check with the dealership to make sure something hasn't changed or may be a mistake on the website.

Wait times may calm down as more Fiestas get produced, and all the backlog with quality control (the rumoured seatback setback) and shipping delays (from hurricanes and other stuff) gradually get eased through the system. Traditionally cars do take about 6 to 8 weeks. One can only assume that there is such high demand that the factory can't churn out enough of them. I guess you could assume that's how long it would take, but I would be VERY conservative by tacking on an extra few weeks if you were to order this car now. If this was, say, 6 months from now, I'd say the usual 6 to 8 weeks might suffice.

As for sunroof, I can only assume they are making their way out. The Canadian versions seem to have them already. If, however, they aren't out for the US yet, then it can add to the delay in getting a car.

The rear powerpoint is a good item to have. You can have an extra spot to charge someone's cell phone, or run someone's laptop or portable DVD player.

·
Registered
375 Posts
From Ford's web site (build and price), it looks like Yellow Blaze is only available with cashmere with charcoal black piping leather or charcoal black cloth.
Try this:

At the build and price website, select yellow blaze as the exterior color. Then click on Continue to Interior. From the Select Interior Items menu on the right, click on the arrow for Seat Type to show the selections. Click on Leather Trimmed Front Bucket Seats.

When I do this the interior picture changes to Charcoal leather with white piping. :D

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Arriba Fiesta!

1. 8-10 weeks seem like a good estimate, but should speed-up over time.
2. The moonroof is available, but they don't always have the production line set-up for them (I think) so it could add a little time to the build. I test drove one with a moonroof at the beginning of August though.
3. I know from pictures/testaments here that you can get Yellow Blaze with black leather seats. I think they have white piping.
4. A secondary power connection for electronics as described by tjl.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi...I have also seen sedans and hatches at US dealers with the moonroof. They have been out since early August, I think.

I would advise you to check one out in-person before ordering, if possible, to see if you like the location of the cut-out. It is fairly far back from the top of the windshield. For me, when sitting in the driver's seat with the moonroof open, it felt as if the car was a hardtop (i.e. no sensation of openness).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Welcome to the Fiesta Faction first of all.
My Fiesta does have the moonroof on it (although it is STILL waiting inspection in Oklahoma City last I heard).
Between the storms delaying the trains in Mexico and holding the Fiestas until they are inspected for the seat lever, the delays for the earlier adopters have been a pain, however, things should be getting ironed out.
I know they are releasing all the Fiestas here in OKC at the same time, because they had to wait for them all to get here so one team had to come out instead of two. So even though my fiesta has been here for a week and a half, my dealership can't touch it until Ford releases it.
What I'm saying is, if you order now, hopefully things should go smoother for you. Most of the things we have been complaining about are compounded situations; Ford trying to catch up then trying to maintain quality control. So a long wait for us, got even longer.
Personally I'd check around you for what you want, but ordering should be getting better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well thanks to everyone for the quick replies! Sounds like it will be fun hanging out here. :D

It's good to hear that the black leather and yellow blaze is a viable combo! I really couldn't understand why it wouldn't be, but sure enough, the brochure indicated it was not. Still not sure on the moon roof.

I'm still torn between the sedan and the hatch. The Fiesta we were able to test drive was a sedan with manual shift. I thought it looked great (it was yellow blaze too), but I haven't been able to see a hatch version in person. None of our dealerships have any other Fiesta's in stock and they don't know when any will be coming in. I guess I'm torn over that extra $800 for the hatch, though in the long run I know it's a minor difference. Maybe the rear wiper will sway me to the hatch side? :p

When you guys placed your order, how much did you have to put down? I have to talk to our dealership about all this, but thought I'd run it by you guys first. Do you have to sign anything? Do you have to get the financing worked out before the order is placed? What happens if the car comes in and you decide not to get it? What happens if the car comes in and then there's a problem with financing?

·
Registered
343 Posts
When you guys placed your order, how much did you have to put down? I have to talk to our dealership about all this, but thought I'd run it by you guys first. Do you have to sign anything? Do you have to get the financing worked out before the order is placed? What happens if the car comes in and you decide not to get it? What happens if the car comes in and then there's a problem with financing?
You really shouldn't have to put anything down, but dealers like to ask for something in good faith. I put $500 down when I placed my order.

I personally like the hatch.

If the car comes in and you decide not to get it, you should be able to get your money refunded if they can sell the car you ordered (which really shouldn't be a problem). You should talk to your dealer about this during the order process.

I would suggest against getting financing worked out before the order is placed. Normally quotes are only good for around 30 days which will end way before your car actually arrives.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My dealership is holding a $500 check for my reservation, I got my financing done through a credit union while working out the details with dealership.
I filled out all my paperwork when I reserved my car, but if I change my mind, I believe there are buyer's remorse laws in my state. If you do change your mind, I'm sure the dealer won't care that much, the way the interest is in the Fiesta.
They won't have any problem selling it if you don't buy. Your dealer should be able to give you these answers, but it never hurts to double check the forums.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try this:

At the build and price website, select yellow blaze as the exterior color. Then click on Continue to Interior. From the Select Interior Items menu on the right, click on the arrow for Seat Type to show the selections. Click on Leather Trimmed Front Bucket Seats.

When I do this the interior picture changes to Charcoal leather with white piping. :D
Yep, you're right! Strange that it works this way, but does not show up under the color choices under the main photo when you are selecting Interior colors. But as soon as you choose "leather-trimmed seats" on the right side, the photo automatically updates to the black leather. Nice! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know for a fact that the moonroof is available. We got really lucky and found exactly the car we wanted on a dealer lot 150 miles away. Thaw was July 26th, and it has a moonroof, so I definately wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Most people here ordered the Hatchback. It definitely looks sportier, but the Sedan is nice too. I recommend perusing the Color Clubs photos to get an idea of the Hatchback's look. Here's an example I found of one in Yellow Blaze: 2011 Ford Fiesta Offers 15 Class-Exclusive Technologies | Flickr - Photo Sharing!.

When you guys placed your order, how much did you have to put down?
$500
Do you have to sign anything?
I only signed my check. The salesman provided a receipt to me.

Do you have to get the financing worked out before the order is placed?
I did not, but I think some people have. You do not have to.

What happens if the car comes in and you decide not to get it?
You get a refund of your initial deposit and/or they attempt to sell you a Focus. You do not have to take delivery if you do not want the car.

What happens if the car comes in and then there's a problem with financing?
You don't get the car or you find another lender, just like any other financed purchase.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I only put $200 down when I ordered my Fiesta. I will do the financing when the car comes in, mainly because a trade-in is involved that I am still making payments on.

When all is said and done I hope to net about $6000 on my trade which will go towards the Fiesta and really help to reduce my monthly payments.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
More great responses - superb!

Normally, I tend to skimp when picking options for a new car because it's normally nothing that excites me. This will be the first car I purchase where I really want it to be FUN! So, after building the Fiesta I really want on Ford's website, I've come to a total of $20,675:

SES 6-Speed Hatchback with Yellow Blaze
301A package
Charcoal Black Leather seats

Alternatively, I've built a more reasonably priced version at $17,225:

SE 6-Speed Sedan with either Blue Flame or Tuxedo Black (no yellow avail)
201A Package (gotta have Sync no matter what)
Sirius & Ambient package (don't really want Sirius, but yes to Ambient)
Winter weather package (cheap and adds heated seats and mirrors)
Black cloth seats

So for over $3000 less, I'm getting many of the features I really like:

- Keyless entry
- Sync
- Ambient lighting
- Heated seats & mirrors

The two main things I think I'd really miss:

- Push button start / fobless door entry
- Yellow blaze color (looks really nice, saw it in person)

And of course, there's the little things that add up to quite a bit:

- Hatchback, Leather, wheels, cruise, LED lamps, chrome additions, perimeter alarm, etc

Am I missing anything? Obviously, Ford makes the most money off of these premium accessories. It appears that the SE is probably the best deal if you just add a couple of the accessories you really want. There's about a $65/mo difference between the two builds, which is pretty significant. On the other hand, I'll probably be keeping the car far longer than the 5 years it'll take to pay it off, so I have to consider the long-term.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Am I missing anything? Obviously, Ford makes the most money off of these premium accessories. It appears that the SE is probably the best deal if you just add a couple of the accessories you really want. There's about a $65/mo difference between the two builds, which is pretty significant. On the other hand, I'll probably be keeping the car far longer than the 5 years it'll take to pay it off, so I have to consider the long-term.
I'd have to suggest bitting the bullet and going for what you really want, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Around here you'll find plenty of people to sing the praise or the drawbacks of each option. Ultimately you decide their value. I really recommend looking at the configurations on Truecar.com to get a good idea of the pricepoint you can reasonably expect. Don't settle for MSRP. :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Around here you'll find plenty of people to sing the praise or the drawbacks of each option. Ultimately you decide their value. I really recommend looking at the configurations on Truecar.com to get a good idea of the pricepoint you can reasonably expect. Don't settle for MSRP. :)
Exactly, for instance the SES yellow 301 w/ leather build he posted has an invoice price of $19920 - so you could save $755 if you can get it at invoice.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the tip. Went to the Truecar website and it is saying that most people are paying MORE than the sticker price (as demonstrated by the photo screenshot I took). To be successful at getting it at invoice price, should I just say I will order the car elsewhere if they can't? I'm doubting that I will have success since the car is in high demand and has to be ordered. I could see asking for invoice or lower on a car that is in stock or not in high demand, but are you guys saying you have actually been successful with the Fiesta?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts