Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I really liked the sedan, and now we're waiting for the dealer to get the hatch version so we can compare. Well, this topic says "There are no dumb questions", so here I go.

Is there a trunk release in the sedan cabin? All we (and the salesman) could find was the button in the remote. That seems inconvenient.

We were surprised that it didn't have daytime running lights. Not a deal breaker, but I think they're a safety enhancer. I've seen posts that refer to a Ford-made module that can be added for DRL; has anyone had that successfully installed by a dealer?

Finally, there's another thread about features you'd like added. A lot of good ideas, many of them posted over and over again (such as a center console, lumbar support, etc.). What are your thoughts about waiting for the 2012 model year... any chances Ford would add these? I've never bought a Ford, so I don't know how responsive they are.

Thanks a lot.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Ask if it was built Post July 2010.

My wife and I really liked the sedan, and now we're waiting for the dealer to get the hatch version so we can compare. Well, this topic says "There are no dumb questions", so here I go.

Is there a trunk release in the sedan cabin? All we (and the salesman) could find was the button in the remote. That seems inconvenient.

We were surprised that it didn't have daytime running lights. Not a deal breaker, but I think they're a safety enhancer. I've seen posts that refer to a Ford-made module that can be added for DRL; has anyone had that successfully installed by a dealer?

Finally, there's another thread about features you'd like added. A lot of good ideas, many of them posted over and over again (such as a center console, lumbar support, etc.). What are your thoughts about waiting for the 2012 model year... any chances Ford would add these? I've never bought a Ford, so I don't know how responsive they are.

Thanks a lot.
Number one question? Ask if the car was built Pre July 2010.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Number one question? Ask if the car was built Pre July 2010.
Number one: take everything dfw.emb says with a pound of salt.

As for your real questions, I do not know yet myself. I think the remote is the only trunk release inside and that DLRs can be added/activated.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Thanks a lot.
On your first question:
You didn't say which trim level you were looking at or wether or not it has intelligent access.
On my hatch with intelligent access I had someone open the rear hatch while I was sitting in the cars with the doors unlocked and it worked fine. I can only assume that the sedan would work the same way. I thick the main thing is that the doors have to be unlocked. I haven't seen the need for a second release inside the car since I know it will work the way I described above.
On your second question I know some people were talking about getting the DRL's but I haven't heard wether or not anyone has been successful yet.
I think waiting or not is your choice all I can say is I am glad that I didn't wait any longer than I did. I actually heard that Ford was bringing the Fiesta out about 2 years ago and had been waiting for it since then.

I hope you like what you see with the Fiesta because I sure do.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I can't say for sure about the SE but I do know that is a popular level so maybe someone else on here can answer your question for sure. DFW has an SE sedan so maybe he can help better with how the trunk lock works.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have a SE sedan. You open the trunk with the remote, or above the license plate under a piece of trim. No inside switch or key on lid. Works OK for me.

I would wait as long as you can. In six months you will see rebates and dealer discounts and big inventories to chose from. I ordered early, so much for taking my advice!

Wait for the new Focus if you want a little bigger car, but it will cost more too.

If you think of the Fiesta as a cheap car like the Pinto of 35 years ago, you will think it's a great car at a great value with lots of little extras. If you compare it to a new Accord, you just won't be real happy with it. Still, even though I overpaid for my Fiesta, it cost less than my Matrix did six years ago which I got a good deal on, the Fiesta is the better car except for back seat room.

·
Registered
244 Posts
If you are happy with the more basic setups that are available currently, I think that getting a car in the next couple of months is a great time to get a Fiesta. The 2012 is likely to add a sportier model but I'm guessing not much more. There is quite a bit of value of having the car to use in the here & now, especially if you have a less efficient car right now.

·
Registered
32,429 Posts
If you are happy with the more basic setups that are available currently, I think that getting a car in the next couple of months is a great time to get a Fiesta. The 2012 is likely to add a sportier model but I'm guessing not much more. There is quite a bit of value of having the car to use in the here & now, especially if you have a less efficient car right now.
I don't have any insider information on the subject, but I'd be willing to bet that it won't be before the third year of production that a higher performance model would be introduced, at the earliest.

I'd be willing to bet that the 2012 Fiesta will have very few new features or color options.

But, I agree. If you need a car now, and like the Fiesta, I wouldn't hesitate buying one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you think of the Fiesta as a cheap car like the Pinto of 35 years ago, you will think it's a great car at a great value with lots of little extras. If you compare it to a new Accord, you just won't be real happy with it. Still, even though I overpaid for my Fiesta, it cost less than my Matrix did six years ago which I got a good deal on, the Fiesta is the better car except for back seat room.
I would hesitate to mention the Pinto and the 2011 Fiesta in the same breath! I vaguely remember the Pinto when my parents had one when I was a kid, but the memory is not a good one! :rolleyes: According to Wikipedia, Forbes named the Pinto one of the "Worst Cars of All Time". Time Magazine also put it in their list of "Fifty Worst Cars of All Time".

We hope the 2011 Fiesta does not suffer the same fate! :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
I vaguely remember the Pinto when my parents had one when I was a kid, but the memory is not a good one! :rolleyes: According to Wikipedia, Forbes named the Pinto one of the "Worst Cars of All Time". Time Magazine also put it in their list of "Fifty Worst Cars of All Time".
My dad had a '72 Pinto Sprint hatchback when I was a kid and it was actually a pretty decent car but then the Sprint was the top-of-the-line Pinto with the better 2.0L motor not the wimpy 1.6. My dad traded of all things a 1922 Model T even-over for the Pinto and the dealer still has it sitting in their showroom to this day!

·
Registered
36 Posts
We had a 76 Pinto, I remember going over a bump and me and the drivers seat fell thru the floor from rust. The rust around the drivers outside door handle was so bad it fell off. The Fiesta is a long way from that due to the advances in metal protection technology...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts