Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have insight to what the woofer and tweeter sizes are in the Fiesta. Even though I got the Sync and Sound, I believe the factory speakers are easily improved upon with perhaps some Polke or the like. Cheers. Dean

· Registered
2,986 Posts
Here's details from Crutchfield research files for the 2011 Ford Fiesta Hatchback
with 6 speakers.

Radio opening
Usable space behind your dash for a new stereo: 0.025"

Front speakers
Front Door: 6-1/2" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location.

Rear speakers
Rear Door: 6-1/2" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location.

· Registered
73 Posts
Crutchfield is an excellent resource to find out what will fit. From there you can comparative shop elsewhere, but Crutchfield is hard to beat when you factor in their customer service

· Registered
833 Posts
after doing some looking this morning I found the items I will be installing.

front speakers
Infinity Reference 5030cs

rear
Infinity Reference 6032si

hatch bass
Infinity Basslink II 250-Watt, Dual 10"

while I was at crutchfield I found this review which made me feel better

"5 out of 5
My whatever went to wow!
Written by Hogie, O'Fallon , MO., on Thursday, September 16, 2010

I called crutchfield to see what would fit in my 2011 fiesta as i didn't want to sacrifice what precious room I had back there . He suggested a Basslink system. So I bought it on sale and free delivery. I took the Kit with the free wireing ( not large enough #10 should have been #8 power wire ) to a local shop where it was professionally installed. The Installer looked at me like are you nuts? So, he installed the Basslink. When he went to get me in the store he said it was perfect for the car . I told Sync to play led zeps " How many more times " to get my bearings on the Bass..... (IM OLD) WOW! this is More than I thought it would be . I was expecting a 6 on the 1-10 scale but I would have to give it a 10. Then cranked up Dream theater and wow I am a happy Camper! The crutchfield guys really know their stuff!"

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
done, infinity ref 6 1/2 Co-axials for the rear, Infinity ref 6030 6 1/2 inchers for the front, and the Infinity 10 inch Basslink for the rear...all for $339....pretty scary value really...hopefully its a large step up in quality...

· Registered
753 Posts
Are the front woofers/tweeters run through a crossover, or wired individually to the stereo? If through a crossover, it it mounted with the speakers, or somewhere away from them? In other words, if you need to use the crossover that comes with the new speakers, is there a good/easy place to mount it?

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hard to say without removing the door panels, but yes they will need to be mounted somewhere as well so as not to interfere with window operation. I do have another question though, my rears arrived yesterday, and the fronts come soon. To anyone here that HAS already done the upgrade, could you please inform us how the door panels are removed easily and any "tricks" to said task...Mucho Appreciado!...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts