Fiesta Faction banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
ok they are in...fronts are a damn nightmare if you ask me, removal of the factory tweeter from its receptacle was tedious to say the least. And the factory speakers are shockingly cheap....although that said I was distressed the Infinitys I replaced them with were manufactured in Vietnam!...ARRRRRG!...America are you listening????? Anyways...I do have one importamt question for someone in the know....since Ford doesnt stick by the tried and True Red for Positive, Black for negative...its a bit of a crap shoot , so I have NO idea if polarity is correct....and I didnt make note on each door panel either...I do remember one being White with Green strip and another Purple and Orange. And before one questions the importance, if two speakers are wired out of Phase then the bass of one cancels the bass of the opposing....and not only is there side to side, theres front to back AND diagonal possiblities.....

· Registered
50 Posts
SPEAKER WIRING

Front Passenger + is Pin 1 (White/Violet)
Front Passenger - is Pin 4 (White/Orange)

Front Driver + is Pin 1 (White)
Front Driver - is Pin 4 (White/Brown)

Rear Passenger + is Pin 1 (Brown/White)
Rear Passenger - is Pin 4 (Brown/Blue)

Rear Driver + is Pin 1 (White/Green)
Rear Driver - is Pin 4 (Brown/Yellow)

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sean..thankyou, and for a FACT i know now Ive wired a couple wrong...explains wishy washy imaging....how did you come across rthis info...and again...THANKYOU....

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
where did you install the LARGE Infinity crossovers for the fronts??? silly me attempted to squeeze them in the doors and now ive created a short and no mas Front driver and passenger power windows! ARRRRRG!.....nic place to mount the sub, so im guessing the mini spare is gone burger....fix it flat?

· Registered
833 Posts
I tossed the cross overs in the door in upper cornerI stuck them to the door panels and it had a 1/3 of a inch or so from the door.

ford road side will save me(maybe).

We are puting a small sub sized whole in the rear cover. The sub will peak out and 3/4 of a inch.

The worse part was find the front speaker wires and inventing a new mount for the over sized tweeters

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
hmmm, top rightor left on which doors....lol, that may be an answer...all i did was wrap the tweeters with plastic insulation tape and push them into the factory receptacle...so far so good....they fit pretty tight, but in the case of having to remove the door panels again I want them easy to take out...

· Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
removing the factory tweets was a royal pain, and as stock the Infinitys fit but were loose...INSULATION TAPE TO THE RESCUE!

· Registered
753 Posts
Isn't that in Oregon?
Yep, there's a quarry off of I-5 just before Enchanted Forest (mile 245ish) that had that green dump trunk parked on a hill at the entrance for years. Some friends and I always thought it looked like a Decepticon constructicon. So I had a big purple sticker made up and one night under the cover of darkness we tagged it. No one has ever taken it down, so we figured they were cool with it.

· Registered
33 Posts
Yep, there's a quarry off of I-5 just before Enchanted Forest (mile 245ish) that had that green dump trunk parked on a hill at the entrance for years. Some friends and I always thought it looked like a Decepticon constructicon. So I had a big purple sticker made up and one night under the cover of darkness we tagged it. No one has ever taken it down, so we figured they were cool with it.
Duh I guess I could have looked at your location :eek: Thought it looked familar driven past it many times on the way home from Portland.

Kahne

41 - 60 of 60 Posts