Fiesta Faction banner

201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good news, I took it in to the dealer last Wednesday, and yesterday they called telling me they were going to replace the tranny/clutch assy. I picked it up today and it drives SOO smooth. I really was worried they would test drive it and they would not be able to confirm, but I guess they picked up on it. Boy am I happy. When I hit the gas, it goes through all the gears like butter. Not one hesitation or rattling.

I am so elated that this went my way. Also they lent me a 2017 Ford Fusion and BOY ARE THEY NICE. I almost asked to trade mine in for the Fusion I was driving.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Nice to hear the Fiesta is healed up! <grin>

Yup ... Fusions are nice. I needed the extra room one affords ... and my brother has a '13 hybrid one, so I got a '15 hybrid and then traded that for the one in my sig. Comfy cars, plenty of pep even in the hybrids. A few Steeda add-ons tightened up the steering and roll a bit. Support forums exist for all the Fusion lines ... gas, hybrid and plug-in hybrid (Energi).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and just bought a used 2015 Fiesta SE. It has about 32k miles on it. I've been searching around the forum but can only really find people with 11-14 Fiesta's having major issues. Can anyone comment on any issues with the 15's? I just want to prepare for any possible issues that may arise!

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
The PS is fantastic until it hits around 50k- after my first transmission service, it hasn't been the same. My clutch slips quite frequently and it's rather irritating; thank god for 10 yr / 70k warranty LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are there any known issues with the Fiesta manual transmission? I am thinking of going to a manual just to avoid any future problems with my powershift transmission. Will I be going from the frying pan to the fire or from a hot pan to a hot pot? Or will I be better off with the manual in spite of the agony of stop and go traffic?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Are there any known issues with the Fiesta manual transmission? I am thinking of going to a manual just to avoid any future problems with my powershift transmission. Will I be going from the frying pan to the fire or from a hot pan to a hot pot? Or will I be better off with the manual in spite of the agony of stop and go traffic?
I have a 2014 1.0 with > 94k and have had no trouble with my transmission or clutch.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
If you look in here, there have been a few issues with manuals but not as nasty as with PS. I think you'd be fine ... and this is from one who had 1 Fiesta in 4 owned that had PS issues.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
No more issues than any other manufacturer would have. A few leaky output shaft seals. Had some issues with the passenger side axle carrier bearings, but nothing even close to the scale of the PS and its inherent issues. Pushing 100K on our 11' with a 5 speed and not a single issue (other that a weepy seal) with the transaxle.

If you search you'll see a lot of complaints about reverse, people not able to get them in and some say it popped out. I can almost guarantee you that every one of these was from operator error. I'm sure some will say that I'm wrong, and there may be a couple that actually has an actual mechanical issue but most of the time people don't realize that when they put the clutch in to shift to reverse, the main shaft is still turning and there can be some grinding. Also, trying to go right into reverse after startup can be difficult because reverse is non-sychronous, so you'll actually feel like the shifter went into reverse, but once you let out the clutch you'll find out quickly that wasn't the case (this is what happens to those who say it pops out of reverse, imo).

After decades of driving manual transaxles it's now habit for me to put it in 1st or 2nd before shifting to reverse, as this will help stop the main shaft from turning and line up the reverse countershaft. Never once had a problem doing this process.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The manual is better, but they have leak issues, at least the '11's did. Mine did. The whole car was crap!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Also they lent me a 2017 Ford Fusion and BOY ARE THEY NICE. I almost asked to trade mine in for the Fusion I was driving.
I ended up with an Accord. A fantastic 6 speed manual, much shorter throws, just nicer. 2 3/4 years and never been to the dealer or anywhere else for any repairs or updates. The Fiesta in four years had 17 repairs, one repair took seven trips. Gets old. It's a new car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys. I've had my 2012 Ford Fiesta since brand new in 2012. I had the transmission reprogram and whatever the recall update consisted of (new grounding bolts I believe). It had the shuttering issue years ago at around 10000 miles, but has been no problem since it was serviced after that. Then yesterday (now at 80,000 miles), I drove up a hill to my friends house and it freaked out. The check engine light came on and it wouldn't go into any gears. I turned it off, and back on, the gears were there again but the check engine light was still on. I have a code reader, which I ran and it pulled 2 codes for transmission reprogram. My wife then used it to run an errand and it shuttered and wouldn't go above 30mph.

We finally got it into the dealership today and they're currently looking at it, but told me I might need a new clutch. I wouldn't think driving a hill would burn out my clutch! I don't drive the car hard at all.

I'm really just trying to see what if any of this should I expect to be covered? Obviously it's a 6 year old car, but I read that Ford extended the transmission warranty because of how common these issues were (+7 years or 100k miles). Any advice on what I should expect the dealership to say, or what I should know? They told my wife, who dropped it off, that the warranty may cover the service if it's over a certain price... kinda vague.

We share a car for the most part and my commute is 50minutes each way, so this is not going well :(

Thanks!
Alex

·
Registered
209 Posts
I suspect you are covered. Ford in Canada has said they will extend warranty to 10 years and 250,000 miles on some things. That's that tranny they are talking about.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Perhaps it may have to do with the fact that manual drivers are typically conscious that there is a minimum speed that one can drive smoothly (i.e. whatever speed the car moves at idle with first gear fully engaged). Automatic drivers may not realize that the PowerShift has the same limitation, since torque converter automatics stay smooth at lower speeds using torque converter slippage. So, while parking, an automatic driver may try to drive below the minimum speed and encounter the roughness.
I've been working on Volkswagens for a few years now, and I can promise you, that Ford's DSG knock off is crap. It's absolute garbage. In my SE Hatch I get constant sputter, constant stalls, and constant faults. It's a load of **** and Ford has come our to admit that they know these cars have issues and there is no fix at the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ive been an occasional lurker here but my 2011 Fiesta recently had a U0101 code TCM failure, forced to call towing. they just replaced the TCM today and i'll be picking up my car in the next 2 days as im working up to wednesday. just how bad are the TCM issues with this sort of transmission design?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2011 Fiesta bought new in May 2011 just recently started shuddering badly when shifting. I took it to the dealership where I bought it yesterday, and they confirmed that it needs the clutch replaced. They advised that it will cost me $1,400 unless I can get Ford to cover it, as I am 3 months past the 7 year extended warranty. The car only has 36,000 miles on it.
I brought it back home as is. Not sure what I'll do with it now. The dealer reprogrammed the TCM, but my wife said it was worse driving it home than when we took it over there. Cost me $110 for diagnosis and reprogramming.
I can't believe that Ford knows it's an issue, but would deny coverage because it failed 3 months later than they predicted.
The dealership recommended that I call Ford's customer service number and make my case, but I'm not optimistic, as most customer service reps for any company are trained to say no first.

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
Insist that the Dealer open a case. I am sure you know that the clutches and TCM are of bad design and Ford has replaced tens of thousands of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
They wouldn't even give me the name of the Ford Regional Customer Care representative that they deal with. I was interested in seeing if it was the same rep that I dealt with a couple of years ago with the radio issue. If so, I was just going to e-mail him, but he might not even be there now. They gave me the customer service phone number and said that Ford could verify the issue with them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey there. A couple of years ago I had an issue with our Honda in which the dealership denied the repairs for a similar reason. I don't know where you're located, but here in California, we have a Dept of Consumer Affairs, a branch of which is the BAR, Bureau of Automotive Repair. I contacted them and filed a complaint. They sent out an investigator to my house to inspect the problem and opened a case in my behalf. It took several weeks, but in the end they ruled in my favor. I presented this info to Honda Corporate, and I ended up getting the car repaired for free, an apology from Honda, and a $400 gift card for my inconvenience. If you're not located in CA, perhaps there's a similar state run organization.

·
Super Moderator
1,269 Posts
Great advice Pinto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 2011 Fiesta bought new in May 2011 just recently started shuddering badly when shifting. I took it to the dealership where I bought it yesterday, and they confirmed that it needs the clutch replaced. They advised that it will cost me $1,400 unless I can get Ford to cover it, as I am 3 months past the 7 year extended warranty. The car only has 36,000 miles on it.
I brought it back home as is. Not sure what I'll do with it now. The dealer reprogrammed the TCM, but my wife said it was worse driving it home than when we took it over there. Cost me $110 for diagnosis and reprogramming.
I can't believe that Ford knows it's an issue, but would deny coverage because it failed 3 months later than they predicted.
The dealership recommended that I call Ford's customer service number and make my case, but I'm not optimistic, as most customer service reps for any company are trained to say no first.
Update:
I tried to e-mail the Regional customer service rep that I had dealt with before on the audio module issue, and as I suspected, the e-mail came back as undeliverable.
I called customer service and was told that the issue was not covered even if it was 1 day past the 7 year extended warranty.

Then I e-mailed customer service stating the same facts. This evening I received a reply stating that there is currently no program in effect to cover my issue. They advised that I keep any repair receipts in case there is a program implemented in the future to allow for compensation for the issue.
I have searched for state agencies where I can at least file a complaint, but so far I haven't found anything applicable to this situation.

Looks like a dead end all around.

KBB shows a trade-in value of $3,000 - $3,500 dollars, but I'm sure I wouldn't get that from my dealer, as their records show that it needs a clutch. Any other dealer or individual who drove it would see that it has issues.

201 - 220 of 229 Posts