Fiesta Faction banner

221 - 229 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you've exhausted all other avenues, you might nicely ask your dealer if they would split the cost of the repair with you. That way you would get your car fixed for $700 with a warranty, and since it's still low miles, should last a long time. Let them know if they go for it, you would post on facebook how well you were treated and what a great job they did going above and beyond. If they don't, you would do the same and let everyone know they suck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well It finally happened to me also at 86k and the dble clutch is sounding like marbles grinding together under acceleration . Its a 2011 and best dealer will do is only charge $130 to tell me it will cost $1500 to replace the clutch .
Had it in when it was back under warranty for the shudder but they couldn't pull a code or recreate the problem so it wasn't fixed .
they did a reprogram but that obviously didn't do anything .

·
Registered
4 Posts
strykerAKAmack regardless, this is a car with a clutch so it will require replacing sooner or later. The parts are not very expensive but its an all day job and requires some special tools. Get a quote from an independent transmission shop.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Wait ... I thought the warranty had been extended to 100K? And the fact he was at the dealer for this issue makes it a precedent on the problem. Dealer needs to fix it, not reflash the TCM. Since reflash has been done and it failed, next up for the TSB should be:
1. take a ride as passenger with the tech driving. Ensure full stops are done so that the shuddering, etc can be felt on startup
2. If tech feels it, they should then get back to the shop and hook a laptop into the OBD port.
3. They should then repeat the run from #1 while you go grab a coffee or something in the lounge.
4. Wait for report. Results can be -
... ... ... ... cannot find anything needing repair.
... ... ... ... there is contamination on the clutches from a bad seal.
... ... ... ... RPM difference between engine and tranny input shaft exceeds 750. requires clutch module replacement.

When it happened to me, there was no code thrown, but the dealer did a reflash and when that failed (3 months later) they replaced the clutch module (RPM difference). This was before the warranty extension - at 30K miles. Worked really well afterward. Soooo ... been there, done it.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
To my knowledge - and I was there - the warranty was extended for the tranny due to all the failures on Fiesta and Focus. This was before the class action suit was initiated. Also the TSB as I had work under was modified at the same time to include the contamination due to seal leakage.

Here's the post concerning the extension ... https://www.fiestafaction.com/forums/threads/44202-New-FSA-14M01-Extending-transmission-coverage?highlight=warranty+extension

Unfortunately for strykerAKAMack, the age of his vehicle probably puts it outside the time limits. Would depend on when he first identified the issue.

Oh, and just in case ya missed it ... look at my sig. Prior to the current Fusion, I have owned 4 Fiestas - all Powershifts, all SE sedans. I bought the '11, then a year later the '12 to add to the driveway, then 2 years after that traded both on the '14s. The '11 was the first year of reintroduction. I knew more about that car - including transmission - than the dealer sales force when I ordered it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Took car in on Friday when my brother told me about the lawsuit issue , called ford and got a case number .
So............internal bearing noise .......will need new unit 4700 for new or 3500 used .
Oh and not covered So internal transmission failure is covered on a transmission they sold
knowing that it was bad to begin with Plus Its only got 86k .
I had it in over the years but they always came up with its fine no problem here .

·
Registered
910 Posts
Got "Transmission Malfunction, Service Now" a couple of days ago on my 2011 SFE Hatch. No warning, just showed up when I turned it on. Limped home (1.2mi) put it in park with engine running while I called the dealer to see if they were open, When I came back it acted like it was in neutral. Free rolling unless parking break set which made getting. While it has on 34K on it the dealer replaced the Transmission Control Module for free so the extended warranty is real for that component. so Surya-P comment above is accurate. Pleasent surprise as just had to replace the steering column linkage.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took car in on Friday when my brother told me about the lawsuit issue , called ford and got a case number .
So............internal bearing noise .......will need new unit 4700 for new or 3500 used .
Oh and not covered So internal transmission failure is covered on a transmission they sold
knowing that it was bad to begin with Plus Its only got 86k .
I had it in over the years but they always came up with its fine no problem here .
Sold my 2011 Fiesta to my son back in 2012. It ran flawlessly until last week and all of a sudden it started making a lot of grinding noises. The dealer tore it apart and told him that it needed a new transmission as well; too bad it's beyond the warranty as the vehicle only has 70K miles and has been well maintained. Given the trade in value, my son is selling it to one of the techs at the dealer for a little more than salvage value, but it was a great car for him and his wife for a lot of years.

221 - 229 of 229 Posts