Fiesta Faction banner

Squeaks and rattles?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Harry Ford 
#1 ·
My Fiesta has some sort of squeek/rattle that appears to be coming from the lower center dash area but I haven't yet narrowed it down. Of course the superior noise isolation of the Fiesta makes any noise sound like it's a base drum. I'm a little nervous about letting the dealer tear into the dash until I have a better idea where the noise is coming from. Has anyone else noticed any similar noises? Have you figured out what the cause is?

#3 ·
I guess that is why I haven't heard any noises. :D
I have noticed though that when the volume is 20 or above that it does the usual factory bass cut out to save the speakers. By the way in case no one else has tried the top volume number is 30 and it doesn't breakup at all but it does cut the bass out totally then but still sounds great unless you are looking for the bass tones which I do.
I could probably keep some of the bass in at higher volumes if I didn't have the bass setting all the way to the max,the mids about half the max and treble about the same as the mids.
Also the DSP does a nice job with the sound processing.

#5 ·
Yesterday at the Post Office I noticed a small sound when I parked the car. It seemed to be emanating from the subframe, made a "settling" sound as I left the car. Nothing too alarming, just there and barely audible at that. I attribute this mainly to the scorching temps and drenching humidity we're experiencing right now, metal parts expanding and so on.

Harry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.