Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK this may sound a bit crazy, but from what I know the US NA fiesta ECUs are not tuneable, but the ST ECU and ECUs from over in Europe are. Could one drop in a ECU from a ST or from the EU and tune it for a NA car? Or are ECUs completely different?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
OK this may sound a bit crazy, but from what I know the US NA fiesta ECUs are not tuneable, but the ST ECU and ECUs from over in Europe are. Could one drop in a ECU from a ST or from the EU and tune it for a NA car? Or are ECUs completely different?
The EU and US NA Fiesta ECUs are from different manufacturers and are not compatible.

And while the US NA and ST model ECUs most likely come from the same source - the ST is programmed for a completely different set of sensors and parameters than the NA model. So, to tune and use an ST ECU in what was originally an NA model you'd need to swap over pretty much the entire body wiring loom, gauges, engine, etc... I'd be more cost effective to buy an ST.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Old Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your assuming I want a over priced unreliable ricer by telling me to get a st. The thought was to have a programmable ecu thats more drop in , I wouldn’t see why one couldn’t change/remove the different censers when reprograming the ecu.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Your assuming I want a over priced unreliable ricer by telling me to get a st. The thought was to have a programmable ecu thats more drop in , I wouldn’t see why one couldn’t change/remove the different censers when reprograming the ecu.
I'm just saying that people more knowledgeable than me in the matters of tuning have tried through numerous avenues since the car's release here in 2010 and have determined pretty unanimously that swapping all of the needed bits to put an ST or European ECU into a NA model would be prohibitively expensive without having something like a full donor car first.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined and own a 2019 ST, absulutly nothing on the N/A 1.6 is compatable with the ST 1.6 sorry that is the way it is. Your best bet and least expencive opion whould be to buy a stand a lone, like Halteck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just joined and own a 2019 ST, absulutly nothing on the N/A 1.6 is compatable with the ST 1.6 sorry that is the way it is. Your best bet and least expencive opion whould be to buy a stand a lone, like Halteck.
Even the pin outs on the ECU? I mean if the ECU is pin compatible I could make it work. But at what point wold I be better off going with a bike crab/TB setup?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts