Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a way to put a turbo from the 1.6 EcoBoost from the ST onto the 1.0 EcoBoost? I know it's been done but it's in a race car and i cant find info. The turbo cant be that much bigger and maybe with a little mods fit? As much as I love my 1.0 and its instant torque, Its falls off really fast. I'm in the states and cant find **** for a engine tune either so if anyone knows of someone who can do that let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Legend has it that it is basically a bolt on. The available tunes from Puma and the HP tuner option both make more sense. The tuning results show even the tiny 1.0 turbo leaves plenty on the table, and you would need the same tuning to make gains from the ST turbo. Puma pulls 170hp from the 1.0 with the factory snail, how much are looking for? Puma shows a HUGE investment is needed to go north of 170-ish, like you'd be better off buying an ST huge. I have kicked it around, but in the end I'm going to remain conservative with a modest tune and 160 or so horses and save the extra bucks for another car. I've been trying to find people with any experience with the Puma tune, since Puma is not hugely responsive, but I'll be performing the test dummy role for everyone as soon as I can get in touch with someone there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in the states. I dont think either of those tunes work on mine. Let me know tho. I have yet to see anything online about a 1.0 ecoboost tune in the usa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Their tunes do work for the U.S. cars. There is a guy on youtube with a 1.0 focus that pumspeed has been remotely tuning for him. check out the pumaspeed website. I've been pouring over my options for the last three years that I've owned my car and have decided to get all my upgrades from them so that I can start auto crossing the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,264 Posts
I'm running an OETuning tune. It was a dramatic change. Power delivery is not entirely smooth but I have gotten used to it. Their customer service is not that great. Would love to get it tuned on a dyno.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts