Fiesta Faction banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
What parts are made from the aluminum? Also, how was it 'track-tested' when it was 'designed and tested' before the car??

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
* Increased horsepower and torque
* Improved fuel economy
* Made from billet aluminum and high quality stainless steel
* Designed and manufactured in the United States
Increased hp and torque and improved fuel economy.

I would expect at the very least they would publish their dyno testing. And I'm curious what kind of testing they did to verify "improved fuel economy"

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I would also love to see some before and after dyno results and something to back up their claims. So far, I have not been impressed with the Fiesta parts coming out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. all.

Want to see dyno, but can't imagine it to "dramatically" change much. And yes, there just hasn't been a lot out there for the Fiesta...yet.

I'm hoping that changes soon. Like the car a lot - just know that some right stuff and mods can make it better and even more my "own".

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The price seems inline with other intakes on the market. I am just going to sit tight to see what else pops up. My experience has shown that getting the right intake is very important as some are great on the dyno, but don't work well in real life. My Fiesta is still a daily driver, so I don't want too much compromise on driveability.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Everyone. I work over at Steeda.

We have a very close relationship with Ford Motor Company. We've been working on the Fiesta since last year. Developing performance, suspension and appearance parts.

We've got lots of good things in the pipe line for Fiesta owners.

We've had our hands on the car since last year and have spent plenty of track time testing the work we are doing on the car. I've just posted a video up of some track time last spring at Sebring International Raceway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am completely new to idea of modifying cars, the most I have done was replacing brake pads and that was almost 20 years ago. So how does one go about installing this device, also I live in California. Is it legit for California drivers?

Thanks for the input.

JesterOC

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am completely new to idea of modifying cars, the most I have done was replacing brake pads and that was almost 20 years ago. So how does one go about installing this device, also I live in California. Is it legit for California drivers?

Thanks for the input.

JesterOC
The intake will not have whats called a "CARB EO" number that makes it legal for use in California.

To obtain one is an expensive undertaking whose cost would then have to be passed on to the intake kit itself.

Adding a CARB certification to this intake would put it into a price range that will not be competitive.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts

We have a very close relationship with Ford Motor Company. We've been working on the Fiesta since last year. Developing performance, suspension and appearance parts.

We've had our hands on the car since last year and have spent plenty of track time testing the work we are doing on the car. I've just posted a video up of some track time last spring at Sebring International Raceway.
I hate to embarrass you but you tested the wrong car. That's not a 2011 Ford Fiesta. :D

How about those dyno numbers?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hate to embarrass you but you tested the wrong car. That's not a 2011 Ford Fiesta. :D

How about those dyno numbers?
Okay, Mr. Technical. LOL

It's a pre-production. There are some cosmetic changes that Ford made for the final 2011 that you can see in the video.

·
Registered
406 Posts

We've had our hands on the car since last year and have spent plenty of track time testing the work we are doing on the car. I've just posted a video up of some track time last spring at Sebring International Raceway
Really hate to rain on your parade, but IAMZ is right-- you tested and developed for the European Fiesta. Everything I've heard on here says the US version is tuned differently, has different gear ratios and has a very different torque band.
Have you dynoed on a US model?
I really want to see the aftermarket take off for this car, but I tend to think Ford may have screwed you by giving you the Euro car!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I am sure Steeda is using left over EU Spec Fiesta's for part development, since Ford had plenty of them over here before the US car was in production. The white Steeda Fiesta is an EU spec car. Besides the PCM tune, the only difference with the engine should be an extra vac line coming off the intake tube. For exhaust, header, suspension, brakes, wheels, shifter, chassis braces, and motor mounts should all be pretty much the same between the US and EU cars for development purposes. FSWerks, 3dCarbon, Ford Racing, Ford Accessories, and H&R all used EU spec cars for their show cars except with US bumpers stuck on them.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts