Fiesta Faction banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is a 2015 fiesta se 1.6. My dealer says my car should have a tensioner for the serpentine belt. Look under hood and I don’t see one. Looks to me it takes the stretch belt with special tool. Any one have a 2015 that can tell me what is up? Please

· Registered
1,360 Posts
This was a Ford Dealer? Take it someplace else they don't know what they're doing.

None of the Fiesta engines have a tensioner pulley - you are correct in your assumption that it uses a stretch belt and a special tool. The OEM Motorcraft kit (with the specialty tool and instructions) can be found most places for around $50

Motorcraft JK6-414-A Serpentine Belt https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004J2OPXI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bgReCb6MFNA77

It's a pretty simple job once you get the hang of using the pulley tool. If you have even a little bit of mechanical knowledge you can do this belt change yourself in under 30 minutes in your own driveway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1 Posts
The engineer that came up with the darn stretch belt design should have their degree rescinded. Why not copy the design where the tension is adjustable that has been used for 40 years. It really suck and in hindsight I would not replace it as a maintenence item, wait until it breaks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts